This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] SH25 ZOOM JTs flopped full vs fish and reg

• Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.25 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 111.8 BB
      SB: 52.28 BB
      BB: 52.28 BB
      UTG: 103.6 BB
      MP: 142.96 BB
      CO: 103.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has T:club: J:club:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero calls 2 BB, SB calls 1.6 BB, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (8 BB, 4 players) J:heart: T:diamond: T:spade:
      SB bets 3 BB, fold, MP calls 3 BB, Hero raises to 8 BB, fold, MP raises to 16.8 BB, Hero calls 8.8 BB

Turn: (44.6 BB, 2 players) 9:club:
      MP bets 32 BB, Hero...?

sb is the fish, mp is the reg, no info

- do you min4 flop or something?
      - turn action (clearly a call)? guess i should just have ended it on the flop.

i don't really see too much air in his range which made me more inclined to just ship turn, but i guess i can't do it because i look a lot like KQ.
      looks more and more like a flop ship the more i look at it :f_biggrin: kinda doubt he puts me on the 2nd nuts after i raise there, maybe he has AT/KT and if he has JJ then congratulations.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey T,

Tx doesn't fold either flop or turn imo. What is bad is that on the river you have 7, 8, Q, K that is a scare card. Those are quite a few so I'd want to get it in against a range that looks like value like you also noticed. I think 4bet on the flop might be a bit too much. if you flat you can get stacks in on turn and if the turn is a low blank you can just call again to keep his range wider, while being able to stack off whenever.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah i shoved turn.

he tanked a lot and made a good fold i guess :f_biggrin: but it's also a bit hard to play in another way as you said, super bad turn card there.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'd say he made a 'tough' fold with QJ or smth like that. I don't think he folded any good Tx hands or better. I wouldn't be too worried, you played it well imo.. He probably just looked a bit closer to pot odds if he can call his draw. :)