[NL20-NL50] Preflop line?

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $25 (100 bb) 29/18/1.1/6.1/35/433 Fold to steal (BB) 61%, Resteal from BB 14%, 3bet BB 8.8%
      Hero (SB): $36.24 (145 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K Q
      Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $2.40, Hero calls $1.65

Flop: ($4.80) 6 K Q (2 players)
      BB bets $3.10, Hero raises to $11.35, BB folds
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Is your question about the PF spot or the F spot?

Preflop: I don't see how you can take any other line than to call the 3-bet. You cannot 4bet for value, and it's too strong of a hand to turn into a 4bet bluff. It's also way too strong to fold.

Flop: You can either raise or call. I slightly prefer calling unless you are bluff raising this flop texture a lot. And if you want to raise, use a smaller size. By raising so large here, you are basically telling him that you are never bluffing. And it makes your bluffs expensive. I would raise to $6.50 or $7 if I wanted to raise.

Thanks.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      It is seems to be his 5-6 max stats, so I would really expect him to play heads up with wider ranges. This means he will probably 3bet here more then 14%. And even vs 14 we are standing not bad. Offsuited hand I would sometiems call or bluff 4bet for agro dinamic, but suited it is definitely a good play to call.
      So for me it is always call preflop, but without agro dinamic I would play my top pairs really passive postflop, hoping to get a cheap showdown to get info about his tendencies.
      Postfop for sure we have a monster, but I think 11$ is a bit too big. Sometimes I would call flop or raise to 9.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      I was asking about the preflop line as I'm not used to playing headsup so didn't know the best play here.

I didn't notice the raise size on flop earlier and yeah its too big.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Well, even in a 6max game I don't think you have any other option than to call.