This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] double barrel

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $26.83 (107.3 bb) 29/18/1.1/6.1/35/433 Fold to 3bet 38%, Fold to flop cbet 48%, Fold to turn cbet 63%
      Hero (BB): $39.59 (158.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 9
      SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $1.50

Not used to headsup, I think can 3bet any Ax against him, he calls wide so I can widen my value range.

Flop: ($4.50) 6 Q 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25

I cbet the flop with a BDFD and overcard and expect to barrel spades, A and 7. Maybe not the best flop to bet, might not have a lot of FE here.

Turn: ($9) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, SB folds

I plan to cbet turn as planned after picking up some equity. Is this play still lose heads up or is it ok?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Preflop: Is this a HU or 6max table? Did you filter your HUD for stats? I'm not sure how accurate your main stats are but he seems to be defending a lot vs 3bets. A9 is kind of thin though, I would prefer a call here unless he opens like 95%+ and calls with a 30%+ range. Any AX is way too wide, I would not 3bet A2o for value.

Flop: Ok I think the bet is fine vs a wide range, he should miss fairly often with stuff like KJ

Turn: I don't like the bet here too much, it coordinates the board further and if villain has something like A8/K8 he should never be folding unless he's bad. The turn brings so many draws.

With that said, it's probably the better play vs someone who folds 63% to Turn cbets. If this guy was your typical strong LAG player, then you should c/f and only barrel spades and hearts.

Thanks.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      It was a 6max table, we were waiting for players to join.

The stats are overall stats, not filtered for HU so I think his stats will be wider in reality when playing HU. Should have mentioned that, sorry.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      my guess is that 6max regs don't play as loosely as they should, compared to HU regs. As such, the average 6max reg is probably opening 70-80% in HU, as opposed to opening 90-100%.

If that's the case, then A9 decreases in value and is not so good for 3-betting for thin value. It's probably alright still, but I think calling may be better.