[NL20-NL50] double barrel

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $26.83 (107.3 bb) 29/18/1.1/6.1/35/433 Fold to 3bet 38%, Fold to flop cbet 48%, Fold to turn cbet 63%
      Hero (BB): $39.59 (158.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A 9
      SB raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.25, SB calls $1.50

Not used to headsup, I think can 3bet any Ax against him, he calls wide so I can widen my value range.

Flop: ($4.50) 6 Q 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25

I cbet the flop with a BDFD and overcard and expect to barrel spades, A and 7. Maybe not the best flop to bet, might not have a lot of FE here.

Turn: ($9) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.75, SB folds

I plan to cbet turn as planned after picking up some equity. Is this play still lose heads up or is it ok?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Preflop: Is this a HU or 6max table? Did you filter your HUD for stats? I'm not sure how accurate your main stats are but he seems to be defending a lot vs 3bets. A9 is kind of thin though, I would prefer a call here unless he opens like 95%+ and calls with a 30%+ range. Any AX is way too wide, I would not 3bet A2o for value.

Flop: Ok I think the bet is fine vs a wide range, he should miss fairly often with stuff like KJ

Turn: I don't like the bet here too much, it coordinates the board further and if villain has something like A8/K8 he should never be folding unless he's bad. The turn brings so many draws.

With that said, it's probably the better play vs someone who folds 63% to Turn cbets. If this guy was your typical strong LAG player, then you should c/f and only barrel spades and hearts.

Thanks.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      It was a 6max table, we were waiting for players to join.

The stats are overall stats, not filtered for HU so I think his stats will be wider in reality when playing HU. Should have mentioned that, sorry.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      my guess is that 6max regs don't play as loosely as they should, compared to HU regs. As such, the average 6max reg is probably opening 70-80% in HU, as opposed to opening 90-100%.

If that's the case, then A9 decreases in value and is not so good for 3-betting for thin value. It's probably alright still, but I think calling may be better.