This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Not able to wrap my head around this play

• maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      PKR, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $25.87 (103.5 bb)
      CO: $22.42 (89.7 bb)
      BTN: $60.09 (240.4 bb) 77/8 13 hands
      SB: $27.22 (108.9 bb)8/0 13 hands
      Hero (BB): $25 (100 bb)
      UTG: $27.61 (110.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2 7
      2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN calls $0.25, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($1) 2 7 6 (4 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero raises to $3, CO folds, BTN calls $3, SB raises to $13.10, Hero raises to $24.75 and is all-in, BTN folds, SB calls $11.65

I think a raise against the lead is in order but when the BU calls and SB 3bets should I just let go? Their range here is 76, FDs, OESD, would you give them sets? I'd be more comfortable shoving against one opponent not really sure about this spot.

Turn: ($53.50) 8 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($53.50) T (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $53.50 pot ($2.67 rake)
      Final Board: 2 7 6 8 T
      CO mucked and lost (-$0.25 net)
      BTN mucked and lost (-$3.25 net)
      SB showed 6 6 and won $50.83 ($25.83 net)
      Hero showed 2 7 and lost (-$25 net)
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Given the action, I think it's a really clear fold. What is SB's completing range here? I suppose the sample size is small with only 13 hands, but if let's say you had 100 hands on him, he looks so nitty and I think he is almost always going to have a set here.

About BU: I don't think he's too relevant here, I think he just adds more dead money to the pot with his AA or random 7X. But I think his presence makes SB's ship even stronger.

Even if this was only a 3way limped pot, I would never go broke here. Note that the SPR in a limped pot is super high.

Here the effective stack size is around 100bb (25$) and the pot is $1 so SPR is around 25. I want you to try calculating the SPRs of a typical
      A. Single-raised pot
      B. 3-bet pot
      C. 4-bet pot (assuming you 4b and villain flats the 4b)
      D. 200bb in a single-raised pot

would you stack off top+bottom pair in these various situations? Remember, the deeper the stacks, the stronger your hand needs to be to go all-in.
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Yeah I think I'm really pushing some hands a lot lately that should be folded.

SPR

A. 13:1 considering 1.5bb dead money and 3bb open raise.
      B. 4.67:1 considering 9bb 3bet and blinds dead money
      C. 1.46:1 considering I 4bet to 25bb
      D. 26:1

So my hand was like playing a 200bb deep hand in a single raised pot. Now it seems like a clear fold cause I wouldn't move in with a 200bb stack in a single raised pot here.

I would stack off against B and C here, maybe not even against A now.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yep that looks about right, now play more cautiously in limped pots in the future :D

Also vs people who are good enough to fold, you should know that you could potentially put a ton of pressure on those guys. Remember that as the player in the BB, you can usually rep any two-pair on most low boards.

That doesn't apply for boards with 2 high cards like AK9, cos you would have raised with AA/KK/AK
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Silver
      Originally posted by mbml

Also vs people who are good enough to fold, you should know that you could potentially put a ton of pressure on those guys. Remember that as the player in the BB, you can usually rep any two-pair on most low boards.

That doesn't apply for boards with 2 high cards like AK9, cos you would have raised with AA/KK/AK
      Thanks for the advice :s_thumbsup: