UTG: $4.46
      MP: $5.01
      Hero (CO): $5.61

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has T:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) T:club: 6:heart: A:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.18, BTN calls $0.18

Thoughts about cbet are in this thread: http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/thread.php?threadid=250055.

Turn: ($0.73, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Though my pot equity has increased I don't see a good bluff bet here neither can I suppose to gather value. So I check. Based on his sizing it will be either c\c or c\f but I may also consider c\r in this spot if sizing is somewhat small.

River: ($0.73, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, fold

I would call bet < 1\2 pot but more than it I think it's a fold. Even KT beats me.

BTN wins $0.70
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Flop: I think QT is a little too weak to bet for thin value. KT may be strong enough, and I think JJ-KK could be strong enough to value bet the Flop since you would then be beating all TX and a bunch of straight draws like 78s 89s KQ etc.

Thus, I prefer a c/c with QT here, I don't think your kicker is strong enough, you are only beating JTs/T9s/T8s and you are losing to AX/KT.

But even with KK I would prefer c/c Flop because you are playing at NL5 and I think people will make more mistakes vs flop checks. And by default I'll call 2 streets and fold the River cos I think most micro limit players lack the balls to fire 3 times as a bluff.

Turn: If you bet the Flop for value you should be check/calling the Turn to induce bluffs. I really dislike betting Flop and check/folding Turn with 2nd pair cos you might as well have c/c the Flop right away.

Now you turn the flush draw which changes things. I still think better hands aren't folding, so there's no point in a Turn bet unless you want to bluff the River as well and turn your hand into a 14 out semi bluff with your flush draw and twopair/trip outs. But check/call Turn is also fine.

River: I think some opponents will often delay their bluffs until the River. So my point still stands - You should c/c here. Unless you somehow knew that he has some imbalance, that he would always bluff his straight draws on the Turn but only checks back AX on the river and never has air here.