This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] Overpair 3b pot

• GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players

Opponent unknown

Hero (BTN): $5.94
      SB: $4.58
      BB: $9.89
      UTG: $5.69
      MP: $6.10
      CO: $2.11

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:club: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, SB raises to $0.35, fold, Hero calls $0.20

I decide just to call here as I saw people 3b stuff like 74, 98s and so on and they play pretty tight vs 4bets so I see more value in just calling.

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) 4:heart: 9:diamond: 6:club:
      SB bets $0.35, Hero calls $0.35

My idea with call is not to fold his weak PPs and to allow him barreling on J+, mayhap even T but his sizing is small so I could consider raising.

Turn: ($1.45, 2 players) 8:spade:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB calls $1.20

Bet big to be AI on the river and make him pay.

River: ($3.85, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.68, fold

Hero wins $3.69
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I would much prefer 4betting here. If they are folding a lot vs 4bets, then you should be abusing them with many 4bet bluffs.

Important stats for this spot: Fold to 4bet. The higher the number, the more you should be incentivized to slowplay. vs a 50% or less FT4b, you should not really slowplay too often. And QQ is usually a hand which is not too great for slowplaying as 1/3 of the deck will bring an Ace or King, but at the same time it's usually strong enough to play for stacks in late position. I prefer having AA/KK to slowplay instead.

I think the rest of the hand looks fine to me. Call when he bets, and bet when checked to.

Thanks.