Playing bad and getting unlucky

• salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      I am aware that downswings are part of the game and I can usually handle them, but this one is really frustrating me.

I think It's mainly because after reviewing my sessions I am making mistakes that I really shouldn't be making.

This frustrates me 100 x more than bad beats or a dry run of cards as these losses could have been prevented.

The one good thing that has come out of this is that I'm now more motivated than ever before to plug leaks in my game and to study more.

Winnings graph

My stats

I play NL 50 SH on FTP & try and find the fishiest tables :D
  • 6 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hey salflip,

This frustrates me 100 x more than bad beats or a dry run of card

Those should not frustrate you at all, for the reasons you explained yourself.
      I had a similar problem in the past. I didn't care about standard variance, but my mistakes were making me angry.

Sort them out after the session. Some of them won't be the bad plays at all. We always try to estimate opponent's range and adjust accordingly, so sometimes there will be a bottom end of the range, sometimes upper...

I am making mistakes that I really shouldn't be making.

Mistakes are results of poorly trained skill... Even if you sure that you understood the material, it takes quite some time before you will be able to execute given skill or knowledge.

Good thing is to make a list of the things you have problems with and actively train it. By visiting coachings, refreshing theory, spotting these situations during the session and posting hands.

Use your motivation and everything will be fine.

Regarding you graphs.
      I think you are way too aggressive for NL 50 and therefore, losing a lot w/o SD.

Your Cbet and 2nd barrel % are way to high.
      Learn how to apply aggression more selectively.

good luck !

xylere
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      thx for the feedback :)
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Just thought I'd let you know I've improved my game and I'm back on track and have a winrate of
      7.8 BB/100 over 23k

NL 100 hear I come lol :D
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      By the way roughly what overall c-bet % and 2nd barrel % is appropriate for
      NL 50 SH on ftp on fishy tables?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      hey,

nice to hear you are doing well)

the question itself is a bit incorrect)
      nobody can tell you the correct average and you don't need it)
      fishes are also different...
      2nd barrels only make sense when you have a fold equity
      obviously, you won't have much against loose passives
      therefore, you simply play value poker

you should also have an idea about opponents range and which part of it he is going to fold -> estimate your fold equity

so there is no right amount to cbet or 2barell, as i said, you should apply it selectively)

check the article http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/no-limit/202/
      if you haven't done it yet

and good luck on nl 100
    • salflip
      salflip
      Bronze
      Thx Xylere, I now understand what your trying to say and I have read the article on multiple barrels

I think I now realize that I should focus more on playing well than on my stats