C-bet here?

• GustavoN2C
      $1/$2 No Limit Holdem (Live)

Note: Hero and SB has been tight and agressive, all others are loose-passive with lots of limps.

Pre-Flop: UTG calls $2, MP calls $2, CO calls $2, Hero raises to $8 with 4 :club: 4 :spade: , SB and BB folds. UTG, MP and CO calls. Pot is $27 with 3 players.

Flop: 8 :spade: 8 :heart: 6 :club:
      UTG, MP and CO checks. Hero bets $15. UTG and MP folds, CO calls. Pot is $57 with 2 players.

Turn: 2 :diamond:
      CO and Hero checks.

River: Q :heart:
      CO bets $25 and Hero folds.

My question is: Should I C-Bet on this flop? What did I do wrong and what I did right in this hand?
      I would apreciate comments, thanks a lot. =)
  • 5 replies
    • lnternet
      I dont think raising 3 limpers to 4bb preflop accomplishes much.

You can raise for two reasons:
      1) Make everyone fold, or get it 2way to the flop.
      2) Make everyone call but build a nice stack to pot ratio for flopping a low set.

For 1) you have to raise to like 7bb, maybe more
      For 2) you have to raise to like 2-3bb.

Raising to 4bb is in the middle and doesn't really create any good situations. Raising to 4bb and getting called by all of them, just like it happened, doesn't have any advantage over raising to 3bb. When you flop a set you get it allin in either case, but when you don't you wasted 1bb extra.

Flop with 4 people you can't do much. Betting to make all of them fold just doesn't work often enough. So just check and turn a four.

Turn is good.

River is actually close. He does not bet a 6. He does not have a Q often with flop check/call. He only represents a monster here, 8x or 66 for the most part. On the bluff side he has all the straight draws. That is T9, 97, 75, and perhaps even weaker hands like 95 or 54. Given you get 23% pot odds I think river is a call. You prob win like 33% there.
    • GustavoN2C
      Thanks a lot for the answer! It really makes sense and I learned some things here! :f_cool:
    • getdotacom
      In 1/2 live game u have to raise at least 12bb to get some folds in this spot. Otherwise just limp behind. As played - I call the river.
    • camelz3391
      No harm in limping pre.

As played flop is obv a cbet and expect to get peels from a fairly wide range.

For the same reason I would most likely bet turn small for thin value + chance to get to showdown.

As played, river is close, doubt someone value bets a 6 like this so 8x or air most the time. Lots of gutshots have missed etc or pure garbage stuff like KJo floats.
    • ivo1280
      I would say that with such a dry board it is ok to make a small bet on the flop (0.5 times the pot). Esspecially since they are limping a lot of non-pocket pairs.