Lunitis
      Gold
      29/16
      44% fold vs 3bet
      49% call vs 3bet
      1.7 4bet range
      7.5k hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $66.21 (132.4 bb)
      SB: $54.31 (108.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $56.88 (113.8 bb)
      UTG: $52.87 (105.7 bb)
      MP: $32.29 (64.6 bb)
      CO: $51.85 (103.7 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      2 folds, CO calls $0.50, BTN raises to $1.73, SB folds, Hero raises to $5.25, CO folds, BTN raises to $12.18, Hero?

Thats a very low 4bet range... i dont expect this kind of player to 4bet much AK...
      Do you think its weak tight to fold QQ here?

Equity  Vencer  Empate
      MP2    71.48%  68.45%   3.02% { QQ+, AKs }
      MP3    28.52%  25.50%   3.02% { QQ }
  • 10 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi L,

Why don't you expect him to 4bet AK?

I think BU vs SB it's an easy get in against anyone that has >1.5% overall 4bet range. He is also isolating and you 3bet that iso, I think a reg is good enough to bluff at least sometimes to defend his iso raise.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Because 1.7 is very low.
      And even if he have AKo i get it in with 40% equity. 45% pot odds more or less...
      I dont expect him to 4bet bluff almost never.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      He 4bets about 7%, right? What is his BU raise?

I don't see how you can 3bet/fold QQ here, in these positions against a regular. It's not super profitable but it's a lot less profitable to 3bet/fold.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      He is not a reg...
      29/16
      7% open limp

1.6 af
      36% wwsf
      16% agg% river

Kinda chicken...
      I dont expect this kind of player to get in AK often pre-flop.. and 4bet bluff almost never...
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      As I've mentioned to you before: when you have so many hands with your opponents, you should already have reads. Nobody should know them better than you.

I don't see how you can 3bet/fold QQ here. The stats you posted only show that he doesn't bet river and is not too aggressive postflop. How much does he open raise from BU and how much does he 3bet from there? How often does he iso? Given how much you already have in the pot already, it will be worse to fold than to get it in against QQ+, AK.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Yep, and i already said that i buy hand histories :f_cool: So i very often i dont have reads even having lots of hands.
      I have 2 reads from him, but not related with this spot.

OR BU: 40%
      ISO BU: 25%
      5.9% 3bet BU
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Lunitis, you overestimate the value of mining. Don't forget room easy can just ban you and confiscate whole your bankroll because mining is prohibited by any pokerroom. I will not wonder if partypoker will start this politic soon.

And there is more then mining in the poker: image, prehistory, tilting and much more. This is not the situation when numbers have the crucial meaning. It is just against mathematic today to 4bet-fold queens. You are just turning it into bluff with this move. And if we are not neats we have to call ai always by pot odds - it is just a top of our range.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I don't have any opinion on mined hands.. They exist and that's that. The main problem is that you don't use them. You add them and look at numbers.

The main reason to ever look through hands is to see specific reads of what people have done against regs, fish, midstackers, etc. That's what I mean by using the hands you have: review your opponents with those hands.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Ah, ok, i got it.
      That was a time that i did that for the best regs, i would spend a couple hours looking for tells and tendencies for each one in hand histories. But im not doing it anymore :( . I should find sometime to do that, but as im playing for supernova and have a lot of off poker obligations its being hard to do that.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lunitis
      Ah, ok, i got it.
      That was a time that i did that for the best regs, i would spend a couple hours looking for tells and tendencies for each one in hand histories. But im not doing it anymore :( . I should find sometime to do that, but as im playing for supernova and have a lot of off poker obligations its being hard to do that.
      Hmmm.. A way to go into this would be to do one reg per week or so.. the one you feel you meet often and gives you trouble.. eventually you do these reviews fast enoug so you can do one per day.

Another suggestion: make some semi-detailed notes and then when you are travelling or don't have access to PC, make those notes better on a phone or tablet. Just make them very usable at the tables. Easy to read and giving loads of info.

I do get supernova grind is interesting but it shouldn't cut too much into your potential winrate imo. At the end of the day though, it's up to you to balance playing vs study time to maximize EV. :)