[NL2-NL10] nl10 99

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $11.19 (111.9 bb)
      Hero (BB): $14.82 (148.2 bb)
      UTG: $10 (100 bb)
      MP: $5.42 (54.2 bb)
      CO: $5.99 (59.9 bb)
      BTN: $18.85 (188.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 9
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.45, CO calls $0.35

Flop: ($0.95) 6 J 4 (2 players)
      Hero???

villain is obv a fish, but playing anonymous tables so no stats. question is if i cbet this flop, what worse hands are calling? if i get raised it's obv an easy fold but if i get called (which is happening so much) am i firing turns and check/folding rivers? i think vs a fish i can cbet here twice and check/fold, but i don't really know what to do if a T, Q, K or A comes on the turn, or if a spade comes. so the board will be developing pretty ugly for me on most turns/rivers.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: It's very similar to the last hand except that villain is shorter.

Why do you not know what hands you can get value from? Can you not put him on a range and see what can call? Same as the last hand.

And if a big card comes down what do we bet for, if we bet?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Silver
      ok maybe it was a stupid question to ask what worse hands are calling :D

i'm just having some trouble in forming a decent plan whenever i flop a marginal hand like this. for example here, i can cbet for value vs draws 6x and lower PPs, but the problem is i'm OOP and the board is almost guaranteed to get ugly later. i don't see myself really getting to showdown with this hand...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      What other options do you have versus an unknown fish?

And why can't we get to showdown insuch cases?