[NL20-NL50] [Sh] Nl25 Kk

• dannywratten
      dannywratten
      Gold
      Hi!
      Villain unknown

Any other possible lines? Thought about raising flop but it seemed a bit thin.

4b sizing too small considering stack sizes? I actually thought about calling the 3b, since his range is going to be strong, so I wasn't sure what to do if he 5bets.
      I'm not sure he will get it in without AA with these stack sizes & in these positions.

BTN: $44.81 (179.2 bb)
      SB: $32.75 (131 bb)
      BB: $40.21 (160.8 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $41.29 (165.2 bb)
      MP: $108.96 (435.8 bb)
      CO: $13.59 (54.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K K
      Hero raises to $0.75, 4 folds, BB raises to $1.95, Hero raises to $4.75, BB calls $2.80

Flop: ($9.60) T 4 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($18.60) 6 (2 players)
      BB bets $9, Hero calls $9

River: ($36.60) A (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $36.60 pot ($1.65 rake)
      Final Board: T 4 9 6 A
      BB showed T T and won $34.95 ($16.70 net)
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$18.25 net)
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      We are in position over him and hhe's 3betting us from bb vs utg which is the strongest range he can ever have, however we also have a very good hand.

Pre flop - I think calling and raising is both fine, if he 5bets we get in a sticky situation but I think he could still get in worse hands than just AA. Calling is a great option because we allow him to bet his worse hands and we can bet for value against him when he checks.

Flop - I think raising here is great because the flop is wet and offers him some draws, calling isn't too bad too but we can't get stacks in with our premium hand.

Turn - time to raise already, we are ahead of his range so often and the board is getting uglier, although I don't think it hits him so often since I'm expecting his range to be Broadway and middle pair and high pairs heavy but mmany rivers could kill the action.

River - I would expect him to bet if he had an ace so when he checks it looks like some JJ QQ hand that's trying to get a showdown and could call a bet on the river so we can bet for value.

Of course we would have lost more in this hand X(