This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH 99 3bet pot bluff turn vs fish

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.87)
      Hero ($24.23)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($33.37)
      CO ($21.97)
      BTN ($7.35)

Dealt to Hero 9:diamond: 9:spade:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $2.20, UTG+1 calls $1.60

FLOP ($4.50) 8:club: J:diamond: Q:club:

Hero bets $2.30, UTG+1 calls $2.30

TURN ($9.10) 8:club: J:diamond: Q:club: 4:club:

Hero bets $4.50, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows 9:diamond: 9:spade:

Hero wins $8.65

notes:
      call cbet KJx w KJ 2 pair IP, call 2/3 T, call < 1/2 6 - does not raise - with 2 pair any street vs UTG opener

ol UTG w KJo, call bet in unraised 896ss w overcards, check Q, cehck 3 IP

call 2 small cbet w AQ ace high, cbh balnk turn when not hit IP, whn saw before taht I can bluff catch

call cbet in 3way JTxss w nut FD, call 7, bet 9 river when BD flush posible and str on board - 1/2 - bluff
      c/call 2/3 cbet 97x w KQ, cehck 2, bet 1/2 A - BLUFFER ON RIVER

so notes tell that he sometimes can go to showdoesn with weak hands - but also soneties likes to bluff.

So just bluffed because board looks scarey and he folds to cbes on turn a lot.
      And I would not be sure if I check flop - can I call and bluffcatch.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think it's fine to go for thin value here, I expect him to call with many worse hands.

Flop: He hardly folds to cbets and at the same time the board is so heavily coordinated. I think checking is much better than betting.

If he bets when checked to, I think it's close between a call and a fold. Since you have the gutshot, I think c/c is slightly better.

Thanks.