Good or bad to reg. late ?

• Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      I just played a tounament with, in time, 1 hour late registration. Late reg. seemed very popular.

It was irritating to see how people were eliminated at a rapid pace but the number of remaining players stayed almost the same because of all these latecomers.

But, maybe it is a good idea to reg. late, I don't know ?
  • 6 replies
    • jchnnn
      jchnnn
      Bronze
      Why would it be better to register late assuming u have got an edge upon the other players if u think about it logically. that's pretty much superstition... it obviously might still show a profit if u register late if u've got an edge...
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      As long as you have an edge against your opponents there is no point in late regging if you can just as easily register normally without any problems.
      However, if you have the choice between late registration and not playing a tournament at all, it is almost always the better idea to late reg (at least as long as you have an edge).

Therefore: Register as early as possible, but as late as necessary.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Tiffy2
      Tiffy2
      Bronze
      Thank you both.

So, I will reg. before the tournament starts.
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Asaban
      As long as you have an edge against your opponents there is no point in late regging if you can just as easily register normally without any problems.
      However, if you have the choice between late registration and not playing a tournament at all, it is almost always the better idea to late reg (at least as long as you have an edge).

Therefore: Register as early as possible, but as late as necessary.

Regards,
      Asaban

Hi Asaban,

when you register late do you have a limit?
      I mean I have no problem to register at 3/5 level with the blinds 20/40-30/60 stack 2000 or 100/200-300/600 stack 10.000, but when the blinds are 100/200 or 1000/2000 do you register anyway?

Can you "use" your edge with 10/15BB?

Thank you

Regards
      Marce
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi marcepoker and sorry for my delayed answer.
      I recently had no internet for two weeks and therefore wasn't able to hold up the normal service level in the forums.

The question can just be answered on a personal basis. Every player should find his own answers to it. Therefore:
      Personally, I give myself an edge even with 10BB if it is a low to midstakes tournament.
      I wouldn't buyin that late if it is a 109$ MTT or above, because the players are a lot better and therefore, my edge is a lot smaller.

Doing the same in 11$ tournaments isn't a big problem for me since they are at the bottom of my buyin range and I don't care much for the buyin itself. It's a bit of a gamble, that I am willing to take, because I see the opportunities in late game in these tournaments.

As you can see I consider future EV as well as my edge at the very moment.

If you have any further questions feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • marcepoker17
      marcepoker17
      Bronze
      Hi Asaban,

thank you for the reply!

Yes, I get what you mean, my regular buy in is 12€ and I don't have any problem to register in a 2€ with 10bb.

I don't think is profitable for me to do that at 12€, but not bc I think they are much better and I don't have an edge (I don't play at .com and the players here are much softer ;) ), but bc I gonna have 10BB, M 5/6 with the antes and I don't have much info on the table (unless is full of regs). Like that I gonna have to push so many hands that for my BR is to much of a gamble for 12€.

Thank you again for the reply :)

Regards

Marce