[NL20-NL50] AQ bluff catch

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - €0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 100 BB (VPIP: 25.41, PFR: 19.34, 3Bet Preflop: 5.56, Hands: 182)
      BB: 28.5 BB (VPIP: 27.78, PFR: 20.37, 3Bet Preflop: 8.00, Hands: 54)
      Hero (CO): 162.94 BB
      BTN: 125.96 BB (VPIP: 56.41, PFR: 7.69, 3Bet Preflop: 4.55, Hands: 40)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 6:spade: 2:diamond: 3:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 5.62 BB, Hero calls 5.62 BB

Turn: (18.74 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (18.74 BB, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

Hero shows A:diamond: Q:heart: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 63%, Flop 76%, Turn 82%)
      BTN shows 9:club: T:heart: (High Card, Ten) (Pre 37%, Flop 24%, Turn 18%)
      Hero wins 31.12 BB

He is a calling station, and betting also when checked to. So I dont see the point in cbetting but check calling I am not sure how good it is.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

What about check/raise? Your overs are usually decent outs and you can create a check/raise range on some drier boards against players like this.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hey,

What about check/raise? Your overs are usually decent outs and you can create a check/raise range on some drier boards against players like this.
      Do you think that check raise as bluff vs calling station is a good idea? I think he could call me down with overpair, top pair and so on.
      would you then give up when called?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Doesn't he bet twice with overpair anyway? You never make him fold that. You do make him bet/fold more stuff that he'd either float and be able to hit. This way you still take advantage of the dead money he puts in by betting weak while also not giving him free cards. You just turn your 6 outs into a semi-bluff basically.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Doesn't he bet twice with overpair anyway? You never make him fold that. You do make him bet/fold more stuff that he'd either float and be able to hit. This way you still take advantage of the dead money he puts in by betting weak while also not giving him free cards. You just turn your 6 outs into a semi-bluff basically.
      Yeah he would bet overpairs anyway, but I lose less money when I call down, then when I raise and then maybe on turn bet. I think it is better to bluff raise vs tight people who would fold overcards, mid pairs, bottom pairs, sometimes even top pairs (as I fold usually). Vs calling station I prefer to raise for value.

Would you bet turn and river on scare cards or blanks when you check raise this hand?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I would usually bet on T or higher for value or bluff, depends if I have the pair or not.

My c/r range here will usually consist of a couple overcards, sometimes overpairs and very few set combos. It depends a lot who I am facing.. if someone is aggro vs missed cbet I construct c/r range more carefully. Otherwise, it's usually bluff heavy to make him bet/fold air instead of floating to be able to hit on the turn.