This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 J9o vs MP1

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      TheWinnerTakesItAll
      Bronze
      MP1 stats 29/6 AF:1 WTSD:10 W$SD:100 fold to flop cbet:67(3) after 53 hands.

Pre flop: I think with this hand ip is good to isolate.

Flop: bad flop for me, but I think I can have some FE and my plan for turn is to bet on non club 8,9,T,J, what do you think? Maybe I should bet on non club Q, K also? Or should I just give up on the flop?

Turn: bad card.

River: gives me a straight, but I don't see value here, I think he will call me here only w flushes.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $63.47
      CO:
      $67.01
      BU (Hero):
      $25.47
      SB:
      $38.19
      BB:
      $62.80
      MP1:
      $60.90
      MP2:
      $99.84

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, J.
      MP1 calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1.00, 2 folds, MP1 calls $0.75.

Flop: ($2.35) 7, 7, 3 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, MP1 calls $1.50.

Turn: ($5.35) T (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5.35) 8 (2 players)
      MP1 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $5.35.

Results follow:

Hero shows a straight, jack high(9d Js).
      MP1 shows a flush, king high(Kc Jc).

MP1 wins with a flush, king high(Kc Jc).
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Winner,

Your hand is a bit marginal to isolate since your opponent doesn't play just about any hand. That said, with position it's fine.

On the flop I think cbetting is OK, he has low WTSD and so far has shown he can fold to cbets.

Turn give up makes sense to me as well. I would barrel same cards as you with adding Q and K. Tthat is because Q and K high don't float and your opponent will have a way weaker hand with his A high and midpairs. On those 2 cards I would 3 barrel on blanks.

On the river, check back sounds good, you should win at showdown often enough and it's very hard to get value.