This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH KJo squeze

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.44)
      Hero ($22.92)
      UTG ($20)
      UTG+1 ($10.22)
      CO ($23.21)
      BTN ($29.17)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: J:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.30, Hero raises to $1.60, BTN calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.60) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 5:diamond:

Hero bets $1.90, BTN calls $1.90

TURN ($7.40) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond:

Hero bets $3.80, BTN calls $3.80

RIVER ($15) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 5:diamond: 7:diamond: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $9.20, Hero folds

BTN wins $14.25

BTN unknown

SB: fish, saw him folding to cbet once

I am not sure is better to call or sqyeze. If I call - we will be 3way and I only can play with pairs and draws. I will not be able to bluff. But for such odds maybe I dont need to be able to bluff postflop.

Flop and turn barrel because I have backdoor and turn FD.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: looks fine. If anything we try to isolate the SB fish. So I rather 3-bet for that.

Postflop: I'm not sure our turn barrel is that great because I can't see much other than pure floats folding there but we could assume that BTNs range is wide and can call wide on the flop.

However, I do think that you should set up your stacks better where you are telling a better story.

You have ~$23 effective and you are leaving 15.7 into a 15 pot. That would tell me that you aren't really paying attention much or are trying to bluff and keep it cheaper.

So I would bet slightly bigger on flop/turn and leave ourselves a 2/3 pot bet or so on the river.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I feel like I will hit flush so rarely that I dont even care about sizing and at the same time cheaper bluff price :)