Cashgame crushers

• holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Hello everyone!

About the blog

We are holmeboy & yaxkukmian, and have decided to create a dual blog. We've had a few sweats together and share the same goals and approach to poker so we decided to do this to help motivate each other further to become cashgame crushers!

Introductions

Yaxkukmian

I've been into poker for more than 4 years now. Starting my poker journey with SSS, continuing with 9man sngs, then switching to husngs and finally starting SH format. After some time I switched to speed SH and now it's time to make this hobby worth of it's time. I'm motivated to dig deeper and become a winning player. In order to reach this goal I'm going to work on my game intesively, improve my mindset and prove myself I can be better than breakeven.
      2013 poker goals:
      - I'm starting with NL20 speed poker and my goal is to crush NL20 by the end of this year (have shots at NL50)
      - Going through fundamentals and building strong foundation for later progress
      - Fix my major leaks
      - Post regular updates here
      - To enjoy in poker

holmeboy
      Hi,

I started playing poker about 3years ago and so far my career has been a cycle of going from nl2-nl20/25 before withdrawing and starting again a few months later. But over the last wee while I've been putting more time into learning the game and finally reached the dizzying heights of nl50. Given this is my first time playing there I'm still not 100% confident so mostly playing nl20 at the moment.

2013 Goals:
      - Get comfortable on nl50 and crush it.
      - Work on fundamentals
      - And if I made it to nl100 I'd be delighted!

How will we do this?

-Concentrate on improving one part of our game a month to start off with. So we'll each go our separate ways and read some articles and watch some vids on the topic we choose. Then discuss what we've learnt through hand discussions on here or through skype.

-Regular sweat sessions and a vid review once a month.

-And as a further incentive there will be propbets :s_evil:
  • 54 replies
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      gl x 2
    • Rains7
      Rains7
      Bronze
      Good luck with crushing the tables - cool idea to make a dualblog!
      Will follow - looking forward to the bets :f_biggrin:
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!

My goals for May:

:diamond: 25k hands

:diamond: Perform session reviews

:diamond: Vids:
      -3bet pots in and out of position
      -Dynamic 3bet ranges
      -Constructing preflop ranges by mbml
      -Gap the mind (first 3 vids)

:diamond: 5 Hand reading drills on 10 days
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Our first fans! :f_cool: Tnx conall88 and Rains7.

Let's get down to business.

May goals:

:spade: 1) Playing

Since I'm starting NL20 I won't put my goals in hands played but in hours played. My daily quote will be 100 min (2 sessions x 50min) x 20 playing days = 33,3h.

:spade: 2) Articles

Under this category I will join articles + quizzes + mental game articles. This month my goal is to read 9 articles.

:spade: 3) Videos

Watch 5 videos during this month:

- my database review with w34z3l (90 min)
      - mbml: Constructing preflop ranges (30 min)
      - Leatherass series: 3bet pots IP and OOP, part 1-3 (180 min)

:spade: 4) Hand evaluation

I will post 60 hands in hand evaluation forum.

About prop bet. We're starting small => every missed goal = $5. :f_biggrin:
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Nice to catch this early, will follow :)

GL to both :)
    • ReckaH
      ReckaH
      Bronze
      Nice, will follow this gl to both.
    • nmilan84
      nmilan84
      Silver
      Insta following :f_biggrin:
      GL to both of you!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks guys :f_love:

I'm running hot this month on Prima. Up about 5bis in 2k hands. Been table selecting well with lots of fish but mostly been playing C/B game (which is tight weak so massively tanking redline) so regs are running over me. I'm going to watch the Erik Stenqvist vids this week try get my A game back and out more often.

Going to deposit some $$$ on stars at some stage today and play zoom for a bit to clear the SCOOP bonus and reach gold on here.

I'll post some graphs/hands later in the week once I've played a bit more. I think we'll be having some sweats this weekend too when we'll both be free.
    • Mystt
      Mystt
      Bronze
      Allright good luck guys!!

P.S. damn, that's a really cool name of the blog, I love it!! :D
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Thanks Mystt! You'll have to thank yaxkukmian for the name!

Deposited on stars and played 2 quick sessions. And all I can say is lol, just lol...

People always talk about how much harder micros are on Stars than everywhere else but imo its just as soft, your only dealing with a different kind of opponent. I know its an extremely limited sample but I was shocked seeing how hands unfolded... People spazz postflop so much... Compared to Prima where it tends to be super loose passive stations.

Might as well do graphs so far:

Prima:

Stars:

Volume isn't quite where I'd like it to be unfortunately... Did manage to watch mbml's 3b vid so thats one thing off the list. I'll start doing the hand reading drills tomorrow.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      Tnx everyone :f_biggrin:

Nice to see my mate crushing! :f_cool:
      Since he's behind in volume I do think I have that $5 in my pocker already :f_love:

Unfortunately I'm not doing that well.

Sample size is quite small so I'm not worrying too much about the results at the moment. It's just that feeling when you know you can beat the game but somehow the results don't show it. Probably I set my volume goals a bit too high so I'm not playing my A game all the time. Will have to adjust and watch some mental game videos to help me improve that aspect of my game.

I've been working on my game quite a lot in the last several days and it will show in the future for sure.
      Also had my 3rd coaching with w34z3l which was very helpful. Have to go through it again to pin point my biggest leaks.
      Will go through my weakest points in the next few days and will address it in my next posts.
    • yaxkukmian
      yaxkukmian
      Bronze
      May summary:

:spade: 1) Playing

33,3h.
      36,15h => DONE

:spade: 2) Articles

9 articles.
      3/9 => FAILED

:spade: 3) Videos

Watch 5 videos during this month:

- my database review with w34z3l (90 min)
      - mbml: Constructing preflop ranges (30 min)
      - Leatherass series: 3bet pots IP and OOP, part 1-3 (180 min)

Watched 6 videos. => DONE

:spade: 4) Hand evaluation

I will post 60 hands in hand evaluation forum.

Posted 60 hands => DONE

PROP BET LOST = $5

Here is the graph.

All in all last month was pretty bad.
      I had to switch back to NL10 and I couldn't beat even this limit. I'm too result oriented and have to work on my mental game so I won't stumble on every stone I step on. Mental toughness is something where most of us overestimate ourselves and instead of working on it we take it for granted.

Also no updates here... better time planning and more organized schedule should do the trick. Being lazy doesn't bring anything good so I will make myself updating more regularly.

Cooperation with holmeboy was minimal. It was mostly because of me but we just couldn't find a date that would be good for both. Sweat sessions are very useful so we should make the maximum out of it.

We started this project with intention of improving our game.
      WE WILL SUCCEED :f_cool:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      This blog seems to have a great potential, I hope you will post a bit more this month! :)
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

This seems like an interesting project. We are already seeing two different perspectives and two differing mindsets.

I do think our yaxkukmian needs to try to be a little more positive in outlook, you seem to be putting yourself down a lot for not achieving some goals. You may not have got something done in your timescale, but that's not fail, that's a learning opportunity. :)
      I am certainly not even close to expert on mindset and psychological issues, but I know a man who is:

[EmbraceTilt] Erik Stenqvist: Tilt, A-Game, Mindset, and Lifecoaching ~ Q&A

Now let's get positive, you're doing a great job!

Regards and have fun with the blog both,

Mal.
    • Rains7
      Rains7
      Bronze
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      This blog seems to have a great potential, I hope you will post a bit more this month! :)
      Hope so too :s_biggrin:
      I also had problems with my mental game, serious problems because of freaking out all the time when I lost a big pot :s_evil:

Now I am much calmer because of reading Jared Tendler's "The mental game of poker" - it is really worth the money! Maybe you would like to read it as well :)

Hmm about the prop bets - maybe you should put more money into it, a sum that hurts a little bit to be even more motivated :s_biggrin:
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      You may not have got something done in your timescale, but that's not fail, that's a learning opportunity. :)
      This, this, this!

Setting goals is one thing, achieving them is another. Sometimes you'll fine that your goals were simply a bit too much for you, but that's perfectly fine! You can either adjust them to be more realistic, or you can try to put in even more time to achieve them.

If you feel like you are setting realistic goals and still find you didn't achieve them, then there's two things you can do. You can either try again next month and give it your all to achieve them (whether you changed your goals or not), or you can feel down about it and not change anything. I know which of the two I would choose! ;)

Best of luck with the poker and blog. Will be following from now on! :)
    • canniballsy
      canniballsy
      Bronze
      Cool Blog....!!
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      wooooo, gogogogogogo
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Lots of love itt :f_love:

Like yaxkukmian said we haven't really been in contact much this month, we were both busy with stuff irl and never seemed to be on skype at the same time. Hence the lack of updates. But hopefully this month will be better and we're both determined to make it happen!

May wrapup

:diamond: 25k hands

:diamond: Preform session reviews

:diamond: Videos

:diamond: Hand reading drill

red = fail
      green = complete

Unfortunately I failed two goals so I have to ship $5 to yaxkukmian :f_cry: Which is going to absolutely break my heart...

It was an ok month for me ran at 5.38bb/100 which is good, but definitely could be better. PLayed some nl10 as well (but was breakeven so nl25 w/r is higher) The start was obviously great but then being b/e for ages frustrated me so definitely tilted away 5/6 bis too which is my own fault for not stopping sessions early enough when I felt frustration starting to creep...

Goal wise the less said the better lol. I learnt from it though so going to make some adjustments and set different goals for next month which I think will be better for me.

I tried a prop bet with a fellow PS member and attempted 12k hands in 24hrs which we both completed. It was a pain to finish and started to hate it towards the end because it felt never ending. But I'm glad I did it and definitely attempting more volume this month.

Had a brainstorm with yaxkukmian on skype tonight and we definitely have some good ideas on how to move forward. We'll be posting our June goals tomorrow so until then gl guys