[NL2-NL10] [SH] Test situation

• 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Firstly we should be raising KTs usually if we want to play against fishy CO. Calling and getting bb to come in and we get a 3 way pot oop without initiative is the worse possible spot we can get, unless of course bb is a fish.

As played I think CO is calling sone sort of hand, some pair or Ax, eeither which is not folding and of Co has a hand like QJ we are ahead and if we check he doesn't bet either since Iexpect him to bbe passive to I think it's a check om the turn.

Cgf
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      I know that it should be a raise preflop, this sample was very interesting to me in all aspects.

If we assume BB is the fish why do we bet on the flop? He won't fold PPs, he won't fold Ax, even sometimes he may call random trash like QJ further complicating our life on the turn OOP. If not, why do we just complete?

The solution suggested in the test is to bet\fold turn to make his PPs fold. Argumentation is that we did this bet on the flop, to justify it we should bet once again on scary card on the turn. But I don't think we should multiply our mistakes and better just to c\f.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      this flop is very dry and im betting 100% of my range here, while Ax and pocket pairs arnt folding, and overcards like QJ KT arnt folding, everything else is likely to fold, but im not sure against 2 fishes betting on the flop is a good idea. which is why i prefer raising pre flop to get initiative so that i narrow the field and get more credit for the bet on the flop.

i prefer raising pre flop over completing because KT is a good hand and i want value as soon as possible and as much as possible.

betting turn to fold out a pair (which is actually a full house) is a crazy idea, fishes dont fold full houses. the bet on the flop is not to fold out QJ KT or pocket pairs or Ax (hes not folding either of these), its to fold out every other crap he has. folding out crap is good too since we take away his equity.

cgf