This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL16SH Q9s draw. Spot to think of riverraise?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $16.29
      SB: $11.03
      BB: $16.00
      UTG: $19.39
      MP: $26.77
      Hero (CO): $16.00

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is CO with 9 :club: Q :club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.48, 1 fold, SB calls $0.40, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.12) K :club: 6 :club: A :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.64, SB calls $0.64

Turn: ($2.40) J :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.12, Hero calls $1.12

River: ($4.64) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.44, Hero raise vs missed Flushdraws?

Villain is 57/10 on 130 hands. 13% flop aggression, 36% on turn and river.

He folds 60+% vs cbets.

When villain bets turn I'm guessing he is most likely on either a weak pair type hand or some sort of draw. Occasionally he can have a good hand but I'm thinking this is quite rare. I don't expect any folds turn to a shove, but when the river bricks it seems like a good idea to jam given my expectation of his range.

Do you agree or is his riverbet just a deliberate red rag to a bull? Him being a fish perhaps he calls with some bad hands I didn't even expect him to have :f_p:
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Turn - calling looks fine here the donk bet looks weak but I doubt he's folding to a raise

River - I don't really like raising here, his bet is bigger than the turn, I don't think he's betting a missed draw, more likely a weak pair or slow played hands, i don't advocate trying to make fishes fold 2nd or 3rd pair, because more often than not they don't so I prefer just folding the river.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      ty