UTG: $56.95 - VPIP: 18, PFR: 13, 3B: 2, AF: 2,3, Hands: 385
      MP: $61.80 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 13, 3B: 3, AF: 6,3, Hands: 184
      CO: $50.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 4, AF: 4,6, Hands: 3956
      BTN: $61.58 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 2,0, Hands: 632
      SB: $38.74 - VPIP: 31, PFR: 5, 3B: 6, AF: 1,2, Hands: 295
      Hero (BB): $50.00 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 3,3, Hands: 78940

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with Q :diamond: A :diamond:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, 1 fold, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($4.75) 6 :diamond: Q :spade: 3 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $3.00, UTG calls $3, BTN calls $3

Turn: ($13.75) 9 :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG bets $6.50, BTN calls $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($33.25) K :club: (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, BTN bets $22.16, Hero folds, UTG calls $22.16

So basically from the beggining: pre- squezee or call? Flop -(low villain Cbet so i donk) donk or check call? Turn - call or fold?
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey Atalol,

Why do you lead flop and check turn?

Your line is very confusing. Can you explain your thought process for the whole hand please?
    • Atalol
      Atalol
      Bronze
      Well i lead the flop because UTG had Fcbet round 45% and i ddint want to give free equity and bnt had Ftcbet 80% or so. So i wanned to win right now (now that i think about it i think its bad because i prolly have best hand and there r no draws). On T since they all called i decided to check call since BNT has strong range here and i didnt want utg to fold his KQ, QJ maybe QT. When utg bets i think maybe he bets weaker Q here but i thinnk i should get suspicious when btn calls again. so R with his AF (BNT) is a fold i think
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      OK, cool.

If UTG calls with Qx on the flop (which he will) he probably calls turn as well but is often going to pot control his weakest Qx. That means he won't bet but is definitely likely to call again imo. You also beat all Qx in BU's range and against his sets you continue to put in money when he bets them but you give him the chance to check back his medium hands.

I think that after you lead flop it's a clear bet on the turn and then you decide on the river. This river and J is probably a fold because it completes QJ, KQ that are clearly in both their ranges. T is not bad because it's only in BU's range, UTG won't open that. On other rivers you can decide to vbet or not depending on what happens after your turn bet.

Cheers.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      OK, cool.

If UTG calls with Qx on the flop (which he will) he probably calls turn as well but is often going to pot control his weakest Qx. That means he won't bet but is definitely likely to call again imo. You also beat all Qx in BU's range and against his sets you continue to put in money when he bets them but you give him the chance to check back his medium hands.

I think that after you lead flop it's a clear bet on the turn and then you decide on the river. This river and J is probably a fold because it completes QJ, KQ that are clearly in both their ranges. T is not bad because it's only in BU's range, UTG won't open that. On other rivers you can decide to vbet or not depending on what happens after your turn bet.

Cheers.
      Would it be too weak to check fold on the turn? If BTN folds to cbet 80%, he is probably even tighter 3way, plus utg calls our bet, so our only hope on turn is that all 3 players have Qx where we have the best hand. I think more often is the case that BTN slowplays the set (no draws), or UTG calls with KK+, sometimes AQ.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I personally don't lead AQ here but when you lead you assume you get value, otherwise it's pointless. If you get value and the turn blanks, you should still be able to value bet. If you cannot, there's a problem with the previous streets usually.

I think we are not super profitable against BU ofc, but against both their ranges we are value betting. BU is close to 0EV but against UTG we should be very confident on a turn bet.

I don't like leading flop since it's a spot where both will just cbet most their hands and we look reasonably strong but if we do bet, we go with the logic that we get value since we are towards the top of our range.