pkrpadawan

• pkrpadawan
      pkrpadawan
      Bronze
      I am a 23 year old college student looking to make money on the side while going to school. I have tried playing poker on and off for a few years but always lost all my money.

Homework #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I would like to start winning money and stop losing my bankroll every time I reload my account. I also find playing poker very fun and I am persistent so I think I can handle longer sessions. I view this as a skill that if honed properly can add a decent amount to my bank account which as a student would help a lot!!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I can get angry at times. Sometimes I feel like the sites are rigged or programmed like scenarios instead of random like they are supposed to be. I play on Lock Poker as I live in the USA.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

To me, playing tight aggressive means to limit my starting hand selection a lot but when I do decide to play to raise and be aggressive. This can keep me out of marginal situations that beginners do not know how to handle.
  • 4 replies
    • pkrpadawan
      pkrpadawan
      Bronze
      Homework #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I feel I am still a beginner but if I had to think of something different to do I'd say playing one-gappers like T8s.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Dealer: Seat 10
      Seat 1: SemenSemenyh ($1.60 in chips)
      Seat 2: polomafia88 ($2.44 in chips)
      Seat 3: Hero ($4.78 in chips)
      Seat 4: Wolfie04 ($3.73 in chips)
      Seat 5: Sigster ($4 in chips)
      Seat 9: 011TheDude ($1.74 in chips)
      Seat 10: angrybacon ($3.48 in chips)
      polomafia88: posts small blind $0.02
      Hero: posts big blind $0.04
      Dealt to AidunDMV [7c,Qd]
      Wolfie04: folds
      Sigster: folds
      011TheDude: folds
      angrybacon: raises to $0.08
      polomafia88: calls $0.06
      Hero: calls $0.04
      *** FLOP *** [8d,7s,5s]
      polomafia88: checks
      Hero: bets $0.16
      angrybacon: raises to $0.72
      polomafia88: folds
      Hero: calls $0.56
      *** TURN *** [3d]
      Hero: bets $0.84
      angrybacon: is all in $2.68
      Hero: calls $1.84
      Hero: shows [7c Qd]
      angrybacon: shows [6d 6s]
      *** RIVER *** [Tc]
      ***SHOW DOWN***
      Hero wins $6.58 with Pair of Sevens

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

According to Equilab AKo has a 46.32% to win the hand.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Pkrpadawan,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pkrpadawan
      I am a 23 year old college student looking to make money on the side while going to school. I have tried playing poker on and off for a few years but always lost all my money.

Homework #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I would like to start winning money and stop losing my bankroll every time I reload my account. I also find playing poker very fun and I am persistent so I think I can handle longer sessions. I view this as a skill that if honed properly can add a decent amount to my bank account which as a student would help a lot!!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I can get angry at times. Sometimes I feel like the sites are rigged or programmed like scenarios instead of random like they are supposed to be. I play on Lock Poker as I live in the USA.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

To me, playing tight aggressive means to limit my starting hand selection a lot but when I do decide to play to raise and be aggressive. This can keep me out of marginal situations that beginners do not know how to handle.
      Congrats,

Homework #1 is now complete.

Q2: I would recommend that you set up a stop loss and also a session time. The longer you play and the more you lose the more titled you get and you want to be able to get out before you burn a lot of money. And if you wait to long, getting out is close to impossible.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pkrpadawan
      Homework #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I feel I am still a beginner but if I had to think of something different to do I'd say playing one-gappers like T8s.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Dealer: Seat 10
      Seat 1: SemenSemenyh ($1.60 in chips)
      Seat 2: polomafia88 ($2.44 in chips)
      Seat 3: Hero ($4.78 in chips)
      Seat 4: Wolfie04 ($3.73 in chips)
      Seat 5: Sigster ($4 in chips)
      Seat 9: 011TheDude ($1.74 in chips)
      Seat 10: angrybacon ($3.48 in chips)
      polomafia88: posts small blind $0.02
      Hero: posts big blind $0.04
      Dealt to AidunDMV [7c,Qd]
      Wolfie04: folds
      Sigster: folds
      011TheDude: folds
      angrybacon: raises to $0.08
      polomafia88: calls $0.06
      Hero: calls $0.04
      *** FLOP *** [8d,7s,5s]
      polomafia88: checks
      Hero: bets $0.16
      angrybacon: raises to $0.72
      polomafia88: folds
      Hero: calls $0.56
      *** TURN *** [3d]
      Hero: bets $0.84
      angrybacon: is all in $2.68
      Hero: calls $1.84
      Hero: shows [7c Qd]
      angrybacon: shows [6d 6s]
      *** RIVER *** [Tc]
      ***SHOW DOWN***
      Hero wins $6.58 with Pair of Sevens

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

According to Equilab AKo has a 46.32% to win the hand.

Congrats,

Homework 2 is now complete.

Q1: You should look at WHY you can play more/less hands than the chart. For example look at the players you play versus, their stack sizes, the information you have on them, etc.

Q2: For this hand I definitely recommend folding preflop with such a weak hand even though it seems like we get a good price. You rarely flop anything strong and your hands are usually second best and you will lose big pots while winning small ones.
      Even though you won the hand I feel that you overplayed it by bet/calling there on such a connected board with 2nd pair. Did you really think that he can be bluffing that often? And his bluffs have a LOT of equity versus us and this type of play will lose you A LOT of money in the long run.