This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

pkrpadawan

• pkrpadawan
      pkrpadawan
      Bronze
      I am a 23 year old college student looking to make money on the side while going to school. I have tried playing poker on and off for a few years but always lost all my money.

Homework #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I would like to start winning money and stop losing my bankroll every time I reload my account. I also find playing poker very fun and I am persistent so I think I can handle longer sessions. I view this as a skill that if honed properly can add a decent amount to my bank account which as a student would help a lot!!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I can get angry at times. Sometimes I feel like the sites are rigged or programmed like scenarios instead of random like they are supposed to be. I play on Lock Poker as I live in the USA.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

To me, playing tight aggressive means to limit my starting hand selection a lot but when I do decide to play to raise and be aggressive. This can keep me out of marginal situations that beginners do not know how to handle.
  • 4 replies
    • pkrpadawan
      pkrpadawan
      Bronze
      Homework #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I feel I am still a beginner but if I had to think of something different to do I'd say playing one-gappers like T8s.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Dealer: Seat 10
      Seat 1: SemenSemenyh ($1.60 in chips)
      Seat 2: polomafia88 ($2.44 in chips)
      Seat 3: Hero ($4.78 in chips)
      Seat 4: Wolfie04 ($3.73 in chips)
      Seat 5: Sigster ($4 in chips)
      Seat 9: 011TheDude ($1.74 in chips)
      Seat 10: angrybacon ($3.48 in chips)
      polomafia88: posts small blind $0.02
      Hero: posts big blind $0.04
      Dealt to AidunDMV [7c,Qd]
      Wolfie04: folds
      Sigster: folds
      011TheDude: folds
      angrybacon: raises to $0.08
      polomafia88: calls $0.06
      Hero: calls $0.04
      *** FLOP *** [8d,7s,5s]
      polomafia88: checks
      Hero: bets $0.16
      angrybacon: raises to $0.72
      polomafia88: folds
      Hero: calls $0.56
      *** TURN *** [3d]
      Hero: bets $0.84
      angrybacon: is all in $2.68
      Hero: calls $1.84
      Hero: shows [7c Qd]
      angrybacon: shows [6d 6s]
      *** RIVER *** [Tc]
      ***SHOW DOWN***
      Hero wins $6.58 with Pair of Sevens

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

According to Equilab AKo has a 46.32% to win the hand.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Pkrpadawan,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pkrpadawan
      I am a 23 year old college student looking to make money on the side while going to school. I have tried playing poker on and off for a few years but always lost all my money.

Homework #1

Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I would like to start winning money and stop losing my bankroll every time I reload my account. I also find playing poker very fun and I am persistent so I think I can handle longer sessions. I view this as a skill that if honed properly can add a decent amount to my bank account which as a student would help a lot!!

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I can get angry at times. Sometimes I feel like the sites are rigged or programmed like scenarios instead of random like they are supposed to be. I play on Lock Poker as I live in the USA.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

To me, playing tight aggressive means to limit my starting hand selection a lot but when I do decide to play to raise and be aggressive. This can keep me out of marginal situations that beginners do not know how to handle.
      Congrats,

Homework #1 is now complete.

Q2: I would recommend that you set up a stop loss and also a session time. The longer you play and the more you lose the more titled you get and you want to be able to get out before you burn a lot of money. And if you wait to long, getting out is close to impossible.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by pkrpadawan
      Homework #2

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than suggested in the BSS Starting Hands Chart and why?

I feel I am still a beginner but if I had to think of something different to do I'd say playing one-gappers like T8s.

Question 2: Do you have questions about your preflop play? Post your hand for evaluation.

Dealer: Seat 10
      Seat 1: SemenSemenyh ($1.60 in chips)
      Seat 2: polomafia88 ($2.44 in chips)
      Seat 3: Hero ($4.78 in chips)
      Seat 4: Wolfie04 ($3.73 in chips)
      Seat 5: Sigster ($4 in chips)
      Seat 9: 011TheDude ($1.74 in chips)
      Seat 10: angrybacon ($3.48 in chips)
      polomafia88: posts small blind $0.02
      Hero: posts big blind $0.04
      Dealt to AidunDMV [7c,Qd]
      Wolfie04: folds
      Sigster: folds
      011TheDude: folds
      angrybacon: raises to $0.08
      polomafia88: calls $0.06
      Hero: calls $0.04
      *** FLOP *** [8d,7s,5s]
      polomafia88: checks
      Hero: bets $0.16
      angrybacon: raises to $0.72
      polomafia88: folds
      Hero: calls $0.56
      *** TURN *** [3d]
      Hero: bets $0.84
      angrybacon: is all in $2.68
      Hero: calls $1.84
      Hero: shows [7c Qd]
      angrybacon: shows [6d 6s]
      *** RIVER *** [Tc]
      ***SHOW DOWN***
      Hero wins $6.58 with Pair of Sevens

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo.

According to Equilab AKo has a 46.32% to win the hand.

Congrats,

Homework 2 is now complete.

Q1: You should look at WHY you can play more/less hands than the chart. For example look at the players you play versus, their stack sizes, the information you have on them, etc.

Q2: For this hand I definitely recommend folding preflop with such a weak hand even though it seems like we get a good price. You rarely flop anything strong and your hands are usually second best and you will lose big pots while winning small ones.
      Even though you won the hand I feel that you overplayed it by bet/calling there on such a connected board with 2nd pair. Did you really think that he can be bluffing that often? And his bluffs have a LOT of equity versus us and this type of play will lose you A LOT of money in the long run.