This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SB position when everyone folds. Raise, call or fold?

• kasprini
      kasprini
      Bronze
      SB position when everyone folds (only 2 players left). Raise, call or fold?

I would like to ask you for an advice.

1. With which hands should I raise?

Always when I raise on a SB I have to invest 3,5 BB to make a raise. And I get only 1BB if BB folds. For me to gain a profit, BB have to fold about 78% hands. So I need a strong hand to make such a move profitable. Is that so?

2. When to limp?

I have no idea with which hands I should limp. I sometimes do it with suited connectors and suited aces. However, some players always raises a SB limper (I do the same most times when on a BB). As a result, this type of play could be even worse than a raise. In my opinion, the main factor here should be evaluation if the BB is passive or aggresive player. Against a aggresive, solid player it should be fold/raise decision.

3. Fold

Most times :) .

As I am inexperienced, please give me a hand and join in discussion.

Regards,

Kas
  • 6 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      I would never ever Limp on SB First-in as it indicates weakness and BB often BlindBashes you to 4BB.

Its either Fold/Raise but it depends on his stats (VPIP/FoldBB/PFR) as you are OOP if he calls.
    • NRGBlaze
      NRGBlaze
      Bronze
      it depends on the opponent I guess. There are some oponents that always re-raise a SB raise, just because its so standart, there are some that always fold to a 3-4BB raise, some that fold to a min raise even...
      I think that you should look at the situation as you were in HU - mostly on previous reads and according to your image
    • kasprini
      kasprini
      Bronze
      many thanks :) .
    • CyaET
      CyaET
      Bronze
      I raise about 75% of my hands when I'm at sb first in . You can also make some tricky play against aggressive player by completing / 3betting
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      You can complete if you know he won't raise, because your pot odds are very good, 3-1. I usually raise, because I'm going to play out of position on the hand and I'd be happy to take down the pot down preflop.
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      if SB is first in, I am on the BB and he completes - if he is not a calling station, I raise with almost any holdings and I have found that to be quite profitable
      they usually fold - so you may guess what a limp from SB first in means.
      it screams weakness(in rare cases it is slowplaying but you may get away very easily).
      don't do it :)
      raise 3 BB sometimes with trash but not always - observing players will pick up on that.
      raise/fold must be your choice :)