BTN: $5.95
      Hero (SB): $5.00
      BB: $0.73
      UTG: $4.41
      MP: $3.38
      CO: $8.37

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 6:club: 6:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.15, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.73 and is all-in, fold, Hero calls $0.23

What to do if we had smth like JTs, T8s here?
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

First of all, what's the reason for 3betting this hand in the first place?

Best,
      Plamen
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      I 3b this because if I just call it's very likely for BB to come into the pot with raise to 5x and being AI. Being in position then BU may decide what's best for him and if he stays in the pot I have no options but to fold.

If I 3b I gain some FE I think to get rid of BU (I still expect BB to come in pretty wide) or at least be with initiative. And as BB is short I think I have good equity vs his range. I understand that BU may be raising 3bb not just to steal blinds as BB is short but to show he has some value hand and I think after my 3b and BB coming in he may fold hands like weak aces, kings and so on, the same when BB folds and he will decide to call, fold or 4b.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I like your reasoning here.

To be honest most of the players don't really pay attention to the stacks of the blinds when they steal, so I wouldn't really think that he is making it 3bb intentionally.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      And what do you think the best action with JTs, T8s and the like stuff? I lack implieds, lack position, don't have equity so I think it's a fold however it's a pity a bit.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      I think that with better SC like JTs we can call, but if you think that BB is going to come over the top a lot of the time I would fold those, as well as I would fold T8s and so.