BTN: $15.13
      SB: $12.11
      BB: $12.71
      UTG: $13.13
      Hero (MP): $12.15
      CO: $10.50

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: A:spade:

UTG raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Here I just call to keep UTG's range wide as I dominate KQ though lose to AK and coining vs PPs. I think 3b to fold his PPs considerind my blockers could be an option here.

Flop: ($1.50, 5 players) 2:heart: 3:diamond: Q:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $1.00, BTN calls $1.00, fold, fold, fold

No one shows interest in the pot, I bet vs some pockets which may decide to c\c one street and other queens like KQ, QJ. Sizing ok?

Turn: ($3.50, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero bets $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

Not the greatest card of all but still bet mainly vs KQ if he has it. Though I think he could call with 22, 33, JJ which will continue and many other worse hands fold. What will you say about it?

River: ($7.90, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero ?
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GreenPiece,

Preflop: Do we know anything about villain? If not calling is fine.

Postlop: The river is either a bet/fold or ck/fold. I think that often enough villain will have some Qk hands or even some backdoor flush like A4cc/A5cc.

I think bet/folding is fine without reads.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      I don't have any info about villains. So we assume this guy is able to call worse queens after 3 barrels? I made 3$ bet on the river and he actually called with KQo but I was surprised he did...
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      I don't have any info about villains. So we assume this guy is able to call worse queens after 3 barrels? I made 3$ bet on the river and he actually called with KQo but I was surprised he did...
      People can't fold TP type hands especially on boards like this. We shouldn't be surprised as well.

I wouldn't expect him to call an overbet but a 2/3-3/4 pot should be callable. Of course, if we are in his shoes, we should not call.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      But if we bet 2\3 on the river we are left with less than this bet so it's basically understandable for everyone we won't fold this hand. So I bet smaller to have smth left and be able to fold to his raise if occurred.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      You said you bet $3 which is almost pot size.

If you get shoved on it's still a fold regardless of the amount left behind.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Erm, mayhap I don't understand some special terms... Hope I don't bother you too much with all these questions, just want to clarify :) You say 3$ in 7.9$ on the river is almost pot size? I thought pot size is 7.9$...

P.S. Some time ago I didn't understand term "to raise pot sized", then I understood how this calculation was made. Mayhap here the same thing.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Erm, mayhap I don't understand some special terms... Hope I don't bother you too much with all these questions, just want to clarify :) You say 3$ in 7.9$ on the river is almost pot size? I thought pot size is 7.9$...

P.S. Some time ago I didn't understand term "to raise pot sized", then I understood how this calculation was made. Mayhap here the same thing.
      Oops, I misread the pot size.

I was looking at the size of the pot on the turn which was $3.5

We have 8.65 into a 7.9 pot so I think that betting 1/2 pot is fine (if it were 3.5 then 2/3-3/4 is fine). My apologies for the confusion.

You want to make it such that he can call a weaker hand still. Your $3 bet is not terrible but I think $4 gets you the same amount of calls without changing much.