[NL20-NL50] NL50 9max: riverbluff ok vs 3 insta-checks?

• Kruppe
      Kruppe
      Black
      Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $51
      Kruppe (MP): $52.75
      CO: $59.45
      BTN: $30.80
      SB: $49
      BB: $16.50
      UTG: $21.70

Pre-Flop: K:spade: Q:club: dealt to Kruppe (MP)
      UTG calls $0.50, UTG+1 folds, Kruppe raises to $2.50, 4 folds, UTG calls $2

Flop: ($5.75) A:diamond: J:club: 4:heart: (2 Players)
      UTG checks, Kruppe bets $3, UTG calls $3

Turn: ($11.75) A:diamond: J:club: 4:heart: [ 7:heart: ] (2 Players)
      UTG checks, Kruppe checks

River: ($11.75) A:diamond: J:club: 4:heart: 7:heart: [ 7:spade: ] (2 Players)
      UTG checks, Kruppe bets $7, UTG folds

notes: flop minraise strong hand
  • 2 replies
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I'd bet a little more on that flop ($4), but that's because I'd make it $4 if I had hit something, so if you'd bet 1/2 pot if you had hit something, then it's OK to c-bet that amount.

I don't like to bluff on the river here, you could be trying to represent an Ace with your line (valuebet flop, check turn for pot control, and valuebet river), but I think most players won't be thinking too deep to realize you'd check behind an Ace on the turn for pot control, they'll just see it as weakness and call your river bet with a J.

Besides that what could he holding there? Ax, Jx, a gutshot or smaller PP.
      An Ace or a Jack certainly won't fold, and even smaller PP might call you, so I don't think a bluff will work too often to make it proffitable.
      And a gutshot will fold, but you have the best gutshot, so you'd win (or split) without a bet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I like to bet bigger on the flop to have higher fold equity against Jx type of hands. With 3$ they like to see another card.
      River. I would check behind. You´re beating some gutshots and he could always go c/c with weak ace all three streets.