[NL2-NL10] nl10 KQo

• DrDunne
      Prima, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $10 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q K
      Hero raises to $0.25, BB raises to $0.70, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.40) T 5 7 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.70, Hero calls $0.70

Turn: ($2.80) Q (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.40, BB calls $1.40

River: ($5.60) 3 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.80, BB calls $2.80

villain is a decent reg who i play quite a lot against. his stats are usually 22/19, 7.3% 3bet over 4k hands. he knows my game quite well since we discuss theory together.

i called preflop because he has a tendency to 3bet a lot from the blinds normally, but also whenever i've been HU with him i've seen him 3bet quite a wide depolarised range so i thought i can be doing okay IP against his range. but i'm not sure, maybe it's a fold pre?

on the flop i think he'll just be cbetting most of the time since it's so dry, so i decided to float. he knows i've been experimenting with flop raises IP lately, so i decided not to do that here because i won't get credit.

when i hit on the turn i think i can value bet since in his eyes i'll be betting all of my air/turned draws. i sort of expected light calls because of this... same reason on the river - i expect him to call with some bluffcatchers especially now that draws missed...

is it played ok?
  • 1 reply
    • cutegoldfish
      Pretty long post there,

Pre flop - with QK against him, I think he's 3betting very very muchwider in heads up and QK is the nnuts so I'm either calling or 4betting for value. Since he's depolarised it means he would fold a tonne to 4bets so I prefer calling to keep all his thrash in on the

Flop - definitely floating on almost every flop with 2 over cards. I expect him to shut down on many turns and then we can take it away or showdown K high.

Turn and river - plays itself since we hit we bet for value. He's calling worse