This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Bottom set dry board enough value ?

• Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $10.58 (VPIP: 27.45, PFR: 27.45, 3Bet Preflop: 7.69, Hands: 53)
      CO: $13.58 (VPIP: 20.17, PFR: 11.76, 3Bet Preflop: 2.04, Hands: 119)
      BTN: $5.07 (VPIP: 17.21, PFR: 13.93, 3Bet Preflop: 4.44, Hands: 129)
      SB: $16.49 (VPIP: 20.83, PFR: 20.83, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 24)
      Hero (BB): $10.00

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 2:club: 2:spade:

UTG raises to $0.35, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.75, 2 players) K:spade: 2:heart: 8:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.75, 2 players) 6:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.10, Hero calls $1.10

River: ($3.95, 2 players) 3:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.22, UTG calls $2.72

UTG shows Q:heart: K:diamond: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 48%, Flop 2%, Turn 0%)
      Hero shows 2:club: 2:spade: (Three of a Kind, Twos) (Pre 52%, Flop 98%, Turn 100%)
      Hero wins $11.57

thought he had often a pretty strong hand from UTG (was after 14 hands so (VP/PR) stats where not really relevant and bit lower I could slowplay this, think the board was also suited for this.

Did I got enough value from? Could/Should I have raised more on river or even earlier (turn) ?

besides that I guess I have to call if he shoves?? would not feel that comfortable since I think I show so much strength that there is not that much I can beat if he shoves...
  • 4 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Locito,

Hand is played well.

No good reason to raise flop on such a dry texture.

A check-raise is possible on the turn when the flush draw gets there. Flatting is also fine since the texture is still pretty dry. It depends a lot on villain.

River check-raise for value is good. I think if villain shoves you have to call. You've invested a large amount of your stack already. You won't need to have the best hand very often for it to be a correct call, and there is always the chance that a player at these limits is overvaluing AA/AK/Kx or some sort of 2-pair.
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      And what about the size of the river raise? just made it half pot cause I did not want him to lay down KQ & AK, think his bet on river is clearly a value one which indicates he will have difficulties laying it down.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Could donk be good on the river not to allow check behind? Or do we assume with a high probability that after two barrels (on the card that doesn't increase his fold equity on the turn) he has a value hand which will barrel on the river?
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      think if he would call a donk on river he would also barrel on the river since it is obvious I must have something...but yeah looking at the hand he had I would prob have checked behind myself (maybe same for AK) since I am never calling 3 barrels with QQ or so against unknown player ...but I would also not have called a raise on the river with just AK or KQ without any specific player info
      think hard to say depends on player...