[NL2-NL10] AK dubbel-barrel OOP

• Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      iPoker - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $10.00 (VPIP: 33.33, PFR: 29.63, 3Bet Preflop: 28.57, Hands: 28)
      SB: $20.85 (VPIP: 20.73, PFR: 16.46, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 169)
      Hero (BB): $10.10
      UTG: $10.18 (VPIP: 8.93, PFR: 7.14, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 59)
      CO: $22.01 (VPIP: 38.00, PFR: 26.00, 3Bet Preflop: 15.38, Hands: 51)

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has K:spade: A:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero raises to $1.10, BTN calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) T:diamond: 2:diamond: 2:spade:
      Hero bets $1.30, BTN calls $1.30

Turn: ($4.85, 2 players) J:spade:
      Hero bets $2.00, fold

Hero shows K:spade: A:diamond: (One Pair, Twos)
      Hero wins $4.53

Guess not that spectaculair but still have some questions...
      I was trying to represent QQ+, and made the bet bit small on turn since with a 3-bet flush draws are bit less likely and like this I try to represent a really strong hand who is building a suitable pot on the river to shove all-in, thought an advantage of this is that its a pretty cheap bluff on turn in our case.

this was my second 3-bet and just played 11 hands and 1st 3bet really looked like a sqeeze play so thought was also possible he was calling me light with medium pair and stuff like that which he calls on flop to hope to go to showdown with.

am I just lucky that he folds in this case ? or was it well played? I often have difficulties with AK OOP when I dont hit.
  • 7 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      He could possibly be calling wide on the flop and we improved on the turn to a gutshot with 2 overs so we definitely can 2 barrel to fold out some low pairs which weakened on the J turn and we could hit many cards on the river which we can then value bet.

Turn bet size is a little too small though, I'll make it a normal half pot size bet, a smaller bet size encourages weaker hands like small pairs to call and see a river which is not what we want.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      This guy seems pretty aggressive, what about c\c line from the flop?
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      dunno what kind of bluff hands we want to catch....cant think of any other than AQ...he did call a 3-bet pre-flop
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      He's in position so he can call pretty wide I think. Broadways, connectors, everything he can bet after we check but raise or fold if we bet imho.
    • Locito
      Locito
      Bronze
      true but dont we make it hard for ourself on the turn/river? not really confident enough in my OOP play to be honest ;)

P.S. thnx for your feedback...appreciate that :)
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yeah, being OOP makes the situation more difficult so I'm not sure it's the best play, but I think we can definitely consider it :)

P.S. No problems, like to participate in a good discussion ;)
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      I'm not sure if he bets a wide range if we check to him and I don't think we should assume that of him given the limitedssample we have. Check calling does not give us the option to fold out stronger hands like pairs and we can only win at showdown. I prefer taking such a line against someone I know has a very wide range and willing to bet bluffs multiple streets blindly, I'm not sure if this guy is like that and I would want to avoid a guessing game so Iprefer betting mmyself on flop.