Dealt to Hero Q:spade: T:spade:

calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.16, raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.56) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 9:club:

Hero checks, bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

TURN ($1.64) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 9:club: 4:heart:

Hero checks, checks

RIVER ($1.64) Q:heart: 8:diamond: 9:club: 4:heart: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, bets $3.22 (AI), Hero calls $3.22

shows 7:diamond: 9:diamond: (Pre 37%, Flop 22.8%, Turn 11.4%)Hero shows Q:spade: T:spade: (Pre 63%, Flop 77.2%, Turn 88.6%)Hero wins $7.68

I raise my QTs for value, after his raise I think he was probably trying to bluff me out, he would have open raised anything good

I hit top pair on the flop with a gutshot, I check here to see what villain will do as if I bet here I likely will get called by better hands and maybe some draws

on blank turn I check again...I have showdown value and still want to see how villain will act on this blank card

after he checked the turn, I presume he likely has nothing good, any stronger Qx hand would bet that turn, all obvious draws have missed on river and I hit my trips...If I were to bet here, I am probably gonna get a fold as I figured he likely doesnt have a Q in his hand...but if I check here I might get him to shove his weak hand to get me to fold as thats probably the only way he can win here and I havent really shown strenght. He shoved on in similar situation but I had nothing back then.

So...I check and he shoves like I thought he would...easy call here for me.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: His range here is very dependent on whether he's aggro or passive. Passive players are usually strong here but aggro players will tend to have wide ranges in this spot.

Flop: Your hand is way too strong to fold the Flop. I'm a little concerned by the pot size bet though, but QT has great equity even vs hands like KK-AA.

Turn: Very dependent on villain's bet size, if he bets large maybe I may fold now.

River: I would usually lead here. I don't think you have good reason to believe that villain will do something crazy. AF inf is irrelevant since your sample is only 12 hands.

However with better reads I think your play could be good - Fishes do like to bluff Flop and River after seeing their opponents show extreme passivity on 2 streets.

"He shoved on in similar situation but I had nothing back then."
      So he checked Turn and overbet River? If that was the case I think your line makes much more sense if that's the case.