[NL2-NL10] 2NL ZOOM - AKs

• philhellmutt
      philhellmutt
      Bronze
      Here's a hand that had me in a few different minds, so many options here being IP. Thought of 3-betting, but was wary of an EP raise and both players are complete unknowns, so happy to flat with AKs IP.

Obviously there's a lot of equity on the flop, but to my surprise MP1 doesn't bet the turn. I was a bit suspicious, wondering if he's slowplaying, so quite happy with a free card. Also thought of betting here, but not sure if there's much fold equity?

The river bet is so small, I'm thinking it could be AQ. We can't fold here can we?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($1.21)
      BB ($2.72)
      UTG ($4.16)
      UTG+1 ($1.98)
      UTG+2 ($0.89)
      MP1 ($2.16)
      Hero ($2)
      CO ($1)
      BTN ($0.71)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: K:spade:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, fold, MP1 calls $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.21) 3:diamond: 4:spade: Q:spade:

UTG bets $0.10, MP1 raises to $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.10

TURN ($0.81) 3:diamond: 4:spade: Q:spade: J:club:

UTG checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.81) 3:diamond: 4:spade: Q:spade: J:club: K:diamond:

UTG bets $0.16, MP1 folds, Hero calls $0.16

UTG shows Q:diamond: K:heart: (Pre 24%, Flop 52.5%, Turn 65.9%)Hero shows A:spade: K:spade: (Pre 76%, Flop 47.5%, Turn 34.1%)UTG wins $1.09
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I suppose the call is fine. With AKo I would definitely 3b though. I just think AKo plays really poorly in 3way/4way situations.

Flop: Call is fine, I don't see any point in raising as you are unlikely to have too much fold equity and it would be really bad for you to face a Flop 4bet after you 3bet the Flop.

Turn: They both check - you have so much equity in the hand and I really think none of them are strong. You should have all sets and AQ in your range so you can bet here half pot and think about shoving many blank rivers.

River: Hmm I don't think you can raise here and you should definitely not fold here so I think calling is your best option.