[NL20-NL50] nl20 KK on a Tough Run-out

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Seat 1: Player1 ( €7.61 EUR ) - VPIP: 39, PFR: 11, 3B: 6, AF: 2.2, Hands: 330
      Seat 2: Player2 ( €9.14 EUR ) - VPIP: 42, PFR: 26, 3B: 5, AF: 0.9, Hands: 95
      Seat 3: Player3 ( €8.00 EUR ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 2.0, Hands: 1150
      Seat 4: Player4 ( €21.88 EUR ) - VPIP: 31, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 1.5, Hands: 603
      Seat 5: Hero ( €21.67 EUR )
      Seat 6: Player6 ( €21.87 EUR ) - VPIP: 34, PFR: 13, 3B: 9, AF: 1.5, Hands: 134

Preflop: Hero is SB with K K
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.40, BB calls $1.20, MP folds

Flop: ($3.20) 7 Q J (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.10, BB calls $2.10

Turn: ($7.40) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.10, BB calls $5.10

River: ($17.60) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $13.07 and is all-in, BB folds

Hi, I can't really remember much about this session, I'm doing a review from a few days ago. As you can see from the guys stats, he seems pretty passive, although he does have a pretty high 3bet%.

Anyhow, pretty standard pre-flop maybe I could raise a bit bigger. A very drawy flop so I bet a bit bigger than my usual 1/2 pot in 3bet pots, could go to $2.40-60 maybe.

A good turn so I continue betting, again, maybe $6.40 or so would have been better.

A pretty horrible river and was really unsure what to do here. We have nearly identical stacks and if I check I'm telling him I don't have the Ace and even a chimp could possibly shove and make me fold so I went for the aggressive option. Considering how the board ran out, what is the optimal way to play a river like this with my hand vs a pretty passive opponent? Let me know.

Thanks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ghartman,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: You said that villain seems passive so if we check the river why would we be afraid of being bluffed?

I would only ship here if we can expect many worse hands to call us versus the better hands. We mya get value from broadways that have 2p but I think that he has way too many Ax hands for us to be able to profitably shove there.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Ghartman,

Postflop: You said that villain seems passive so if we check the river why would we be afraid of being bluffed?

I would only ship here if we can expect many worse hands to call us versus the better hands. We mya get value from broadways that have 2p but I think that he has way too many Ax hands for us to be able to profitably shove there.
      Thanks, yeah I think I phrased the question wrong. In a readless situation, this river would be a chk/fold?What about vs an opponent we know can make moves?

Thanks
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Ghartman,

Thanks, yeah I think I phrased the question wrong. In a readless situation, this river would be a chk/fold?What about vs an opponent we know can make moves?

Thanks
      You would have to think about their ranges and what they can make moves with.

For example, would you expect worse value hands to bet? Or just bluffs and value that beats us? There aren't that many draws that missed that he make a move with (that don't have Ah).