nl10 zoom on PS

• 7 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Gold
      bet/fold, bet/fold, bet/fold

also, you can 3bet fold lots of value hands in position like AQ/JJ etc as regs will hardly ever get out of line with 4bets, and you can 1/2 barrel them off there hands very frequently.

as pleno says: skill + position + initiative = profit

gl at nl10
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Maybe watch Manu's nl10 zoom vid first (if you haven't already) to get an idea of what it plays like. But if your beating nl5 you should be ok.

Like yougotfelted said:

initiative + position = profit, and bet/fold > check/call in 90% of spots (in micros)
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey houlajk, moved your thread to the pokerstars forum.

about zoom nl10, what yougotfelted said basically. i play a bit of zoom nl10 and it really doesnt differ too much from nl5. i'd say the standard of preflop play is a little better at nl10 than nl5. pretty much the same game postflop tho. good luck :)
    • houlajk
      houlajk
      Bronze
      thx guys :)
    • staktas
      staktas
      Bronze
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51

also, you can 3bet fold lots of value hands in position like AQ/JJ etc as regs will hardly ever get out of line with 4bets, and you can 1/2 barrel them off there hands very frequently.

gl at nl10
      I'm playing NL10 Zoom atm, but what I started to do recently, and really like it, is to just cold call JJ/TT. Of course ultimately it depends on the opponent, but I think, you are talking, about those who fold to 3bets a lot. So you basically turn your TT/JJ into a bluff.

Unless your 3bet is 3 or lover (it won't be if you 3b JJ/AQ) they won't call with PP, mostly they will call AQ/AK and that's it. You won't get any value on bords without Q/A/K, and it will be really hard to play with Q/A/K.

That's why I preffer cold calling, and playing against their weaker range.
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Gold
      Originally posted by staktas
      Originally posted by yougotfelted51

gl at nl10
      I'm playing NL10 Zoom atm, but what I started to do recently, and really like it, is to just cold call JJ/TT. Of course ultimately it depends on the opponent, but I think, you are talking, about those who fold to 3bets a lot. So you basically turn your TT/JJ into a bluff.

Unless your 3bet is 3 or lover (it won't be if you 3b JJ/AQ) they won't call with PP, mostly they will call AQ/AK and that's it. You won't get any value on bords without Q/A/K, and it will be really hard to play with Q/A/K.

That's why I preffer cold calling, and playing against their weaker range.
      while flatting JJ/AQ does have merits against certain opponents, the majority of the player pool at NL10 ZOOM have serious leaks.

in a wide variety of cases players will set mine unprofitably, or open/call KQ/QJ hands co/mp vs btn.

also, on boards with A/K/Q on them, we can rep all monsters since we 3bet pre and get villains to fold AJ/AT often by turn on Axx.

most players at NL10 will call too much, so you might as well punish them for it :s_biggrin:
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      PokerStars - €0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

CO: €63.79
      BTN: €32.49
      SB: €25.00
      BB: €37.02
      Hero (UTG): €25.35

SB posts SB €0.10, BB posts BB €0.25

Pre Flop: (€0.35) Hero has 4:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to €0.50, fold, BB raises to €2.00, BTN calls €1.50

Flop: (€4.10, 2 players) 2:club: 3:heart: 8:heart:
      BB bets €3.00, BTN calls €3.00

Turn: (€10.10, 2 players) 5:club:
      BB bets €5.25, BTN calls €5.25

River: (€20.60, 2 players) 4:heart:
      BB bets €11.50, BTN calls €11.50

BB shows 6:spade: 7:spade: (Straight, Eight High) (Pre 40%, Flop 24%, Turn 30%)
      BTN mucks 9:spade: A:heart: (Straight, Five High) (Pre 60%, Flop 76%, Turn 70%)
      BB wins €42.10

Welcome to stars. "Enjoy" your stay.