MP3: $2,15 - 108 bb
      CO: $3,84 - 192 bb
      BU: $2,00 - 100 bb
      SB: $0,97 - 49 bb
      BB: $1,47 - 74 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (6 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BU with K:heart: , 7:heart:
      SB posts small blind ($0,01), BB posts big blind ($0,02), 3 folds, Hero raises for $0,06, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: ($0,18 - 9 bb) K:club: , 7:spade: , 5:spade: (3 Players)
      SB bets $0,06, BB folds, Hero raises for $0,26, SB 3-bets $0,85, Hero?

Preflop: SB is unknown (second orbit at the table) and BB is big fish that I want to play with, so I open a bit looser than usual.
      Flop: I think raising his small bet is standard, but when he 3bet shoves I'm not sure does he have set, Kx or just FD?
  • 4 replies
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      I'd call. You block lots of set combos and as you say he could have kx or fds here which you crush. You see some pretty weird all-ins from guys with the ~50BB stack size on NL 2, I would not expect just better hands here. I think they start with a full stack, then lose a couple of pots and go I to kamikaze mode sometimes :D
    • redrawstump
      redrawstump
      Bronze
      *go into kamikaze mode
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      (please disregard my signature, I'm currently not a hand judge and have already asked for the forum signature to be edited).

K7s is not loose at all to open from the button. It's quite a good hand from that position, and it's in the standard opening hands chart for SH. The minimum (tighter) chart states K8s to open from BTN, for you to have an idea. So it's all good.

IMO you can't fold there at all. The SB only has 50bb! You have top two pair, a very strong hand. He can have all sorts of hands, two pairs that loose to you, pairs+draws, etc. I wouldn't get out of this if he had 100bb, but his shorter stack makes it even easier to just shove it. You'll loose to some 77 or 55 every blue moon (KK is very unlikely) but you're winning in the long run.

Cheers and good luck at the tables.

ps: another thing to consider if the blinds are playing loose (BB is a fish) is opening to a standard 4BB instead of 3.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: K7s is a MUST raise vs 98% of opponents. Unless you have 2 short stackers shoving all the time vs your steals.

Flop: Raising is fine, and I don't see how you can fold here. Sometimes he is bluffing (not often though), sometimes he has a combodraw which you are a slight favourite against, and he could also have 2 combos of 57s and 1 combo of K5s.

He may occasionally be overplaying AK/KQ as well, though I would say that that's not happening really often.

But as redrawstump said you are blocking set combos and he is repping only 4 combos of 77/55. I really don't see how you can ever fold here.