[NL2-NL10] NL5 zoom 55

• MarliesB
      MarliesB
      Bronze
      I wanted to give up the hand when I missed the flop, but when he checked behind it felt like he was waving the white flag too. I bet for protection, but when I reviewed this hand I wasn't sure; he might be slowplaying a big hand or call a turnbet with overcards, and I'd have to fold to just any agression at all.

PokerStars - $0.05 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

BTN: 253.2 BB (VPIP: 12.50, PFR: 12.50, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 16)
      Hero (BB): 135.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 5:spade: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.4 BB, 2 players) 3:heart: 7:heart: 8:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: (6.4 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets 4 BB, fold
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: When he checks here I don't see how he is ever slowplaying here. This isn't a great texture to slowplay. Great textures to slowplay include those with one high card and boards which are paired (which means that a flopped full house is possible).

E.g. KQQ, A49r

Turn: I think this is a protection and thin value bet. I don't think villain has 8X too often, and he shouldn't have too many 7X combos. This means that he is either checking back an Ace high hand with the intention of bluff catching 1 or 2 streets, or he is just surrendering with his overcards like KQ.

If he calls the Turn bet with overcards, isn't that great for you? You are value betting vs those hands. Then if you really think he is doing that you can then c/c the River to catch some bluffs.

Thanks.