MP3: $2.13 - 107 bb
      CO: $1.79 - 90 bb
      BU: $2.38 - 119 bb
      SB: $0.55 - 28 bb
      BB: $2.28 - 114 bb

0.01/0.02 No Limit Hold'em (5 Handed)
      Hand recorder for this hand: PokerStrategy.com SideKick 1.1.417.4

Preflop: Hero is BB with J:club: , T:spade:
      SB posts small blind ($0.01), Hero posts big blind ($0.02), MP3 folds, CO raises for $0.06, 2 folds, Hero calls

Flop: ($0.13 - 6.50 bb) A:spade: , K:diamond: , T:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.09, Hero calls

Turn: ($0.31 - 15.50 bb) Q:club: (2 Players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.21, Hero calls

River: ($0.73 - 36.50 bb) 3:diamond: (2 Players)
      Hero bets $0.40, CO folds, Hero gets uncalled back ($0.40)
  • 3 replies
    • sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      CO is 45/25 over 41 hands.

1) 3 bet or is just a call okay vs a fishy-looking player?

2) On flop, calling with a gutshot is fine, but when I do hit the Q on the turn, should I raise for value because a 3rd :club: on the river puts me in a sticky spot.

3) Would a check/call or check/raise be a better line than leading on the river as on reflection, I may have played a bit face-up.

Thanks.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: This hand is too weak to 3b for value, and too strong to fold. Therefore calling is the best option in the BB. In the SB I may choose to 3b not for any of those reasons, but simply because calling is undesirable in the SB with BB left to act behind and he can either overcall or squeeze, both being really bad situations for you in the SB.

Flop: Standard c/c once and decide on Turn.

Turn: On a blank Turn you can c/c vs small bets but probably need to c/f vs larger bets. Here I think you should c/r here. The fish never folds a flush draw if he bets it and you could get some thin value from two pairs or sets if he does overplay those on the Turn.

I much prefer raising Turn than c/c Turn lead River. You are basically just giving those hands a free shot at improving on the River.

If let's say the River is a pure blank like the one in this hand, then I would c/c the River after c/r the Turn. I don't think non JX hands are calling too often anyway and you can induce from busted draws.

Thanks.
    • sleep99
      sleep99
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop: This hand is too weak to 3b for value, and too strong to fold. Therefore calling is the best option in the BB. In the SB I may choose to 3b not for any of those reasons, but simply because calling is undesirable in the SB with BB left to act behind and he can either overcall or squeeze, both being really bad situations for you in the SB.

Flop: Standard c/c once and decide on Turn.

Turn: On a blank Turn you can c/c vs small bets but probably need to c/f vs larger bets. Here I think you should c/r here. The fish never folds a flush draw if he bets it and you could get some thin value from two pairs or sets if he does overplay those on the Turn.

I much prefer raising Turn than c/c Turn lead River. You are basically just giving those hands a free shot at improving on the River.

If let's say the River is a pure blank like the one in this hand, then I would c/c the River after c/r the Turn. I don't think non JX hands are calling too often anyway and you can induce from busted draws.

Thanks.
      All makes a lot of sense, thank you.