$2.00
      MP3:
      $2.77
      CO:
      $3.60
      BU:
      $2.00

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      MP3 raises to $0.08, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, MP3 calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.5) 8, 4, A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, MP3 calls $0.28.

Turn: ($1.06) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $0.66, Hero raises to $3.96, MP3 calls $1.59.

River: ($7.27) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $7.27.

Right after I checked I thought bet folding would be better because hands that he calls and then bets are probably too strong for him to fold to a check raise which does look a little suspicious. What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Any reads on villain?

Preflop: I think you should be flatting here with KQs. By 3betting here you could be isolating yourself vs better hands. The main arguments for 3betting here are to prevent your tight and narrow SB calling range from being face-up and easy to play against.

I don't think this argument/reasoning is applicable at NL2 since they probably don't know how to play well enough postflop to exploit your tight range.

As played,

Flop: I would bet Flop with the intention of firing all Turn cards.

Turn: I don't think your check/jam makes too much sense here. In order for this play to be good, you'll need villain to be floating the Flop with a lot of air hands which will then bet the Turn to try stealing the pot.

I don't think that's the case here as most players tend to play really tight in 3b pots on AXX boards. When he bets here he has a set or AX most of the time which means that you have little fold equity. Also, I do expect him to check back mid pairs like 89s or TT most of the time, and those are hands you could have folded out with a Turn bet.

Thanks.
    • overson
      overson
      Bronze
      You would be bet folding the turn with the draw to a jam right? And would you check fold without the draw on the turn(except K or Q)?
      Preflop I raised because I have blockers and its more of a bluffing hand like a sc.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Preflop: Well I think you don't need to bluff cos it's strong enough to call vs most players. With a hand like T9s, then calling could be -EV so using such hands as a 3b bluff instead makes more sense.

Turn: I would c/f on all cards except the cards which I would bet myself. If I get jammed on I would fold cos I don't think I would have enough equity to call it off (not pot-committed). Even on a King or Queen, if he bets he's strongly repping an Ace, and you only beat some draws. When you think about your playability on the River vs his entire range, it's going to be really bad and tough to play so I think c/f is the best play on a K/Q. You could even be up against AK/AQ and be drawing dead.