This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 K9s

• overson
      overson
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (3 handed)

Known players:
      SB:
      $1.64
      BB (Hero):
      $2.69
      BU:
      $1.09

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, 9.
      BU calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BU folds, SB calls $0.20.

Flop: ($0.62) 3, T, T (2 players)
      SB bets $1.34, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.62.

I really want to call here, my K might be good, but i need about 40% equity and being really optimistic with overcards i have 25% equity, am I right on this?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: What range do you put SB on? If SB did open here and BU wasn't involved, I think this would be a really clear call as K9s is faring really well vs most standard SB stealing ranges.

Here with a BU limper and with SB's raise size being 5bb, I think 3betting is a decent alternative since calling now becomes less desirable with one extra player in the hand and when the amount to call is larger than usual.

as played I think it's an easy fold. it would be a tough spot with the nut flush draw though, but you could potentially call. I don't like the board being paired as hands like TX has you in bad shape even if you have A:sK with 2 overcards and a flush draw.

It's a little difficult to analyze his PF and F range when we have no info on his PF tendencies.

Pot odds = 134/330 = 40.6%

1) Being extremely optimistic
      Board: TsTc3s
      Equity Win Tie
      MP2 41.51% 41.22% 0.30% { Ks9s }
      MP3 58.49% 58.19% 0.30% { 99-88, AQs-ATs, KTs, QTs, JTs, T9s, As6s, As5s, As4s, As2s, AQo-ATo }

If I was more conservative, you'll find that your equity would be significantly below the required 40% so this is a fold.

Thanks.