All-in from EP

• Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      How to play AQ from early position with 10bb and 20 players remaining in a 45 man MTT?

Should I be brave to push all-in plus I dont see anyone pushing from EP with 10bb stack?
  • 11 replies
    • yougotfelted51
      yougotfelted51
      Bronze
      easy push i would think.

but then again i dont play tournaments/SNGs :f_eek:
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      10bb w AQ is standard push from any position, not brave at all. :)
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by metza
      10bb w AQ is standard push from any position, not brave at all. :)
      This!
      Can't do anything wrong, if you stick it in first in with AQ, while having 10BB left.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      can you say the same for A10, KQ suited and 88?
    • MareksVas
      MareksVas
      Bronze
      AT push if suited, KQs push, 88 fold. It would depent on how wide your opponents are calling shoves, other players stacksizes (especially bb,sb).
    • yankomania
      yankomania
      Bronze
      I guess easy All-In 10bb deep, even from UTG
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MareksVas
      AT push if suited, KQs push, 88 fold. It would depent on how wide your opponents are calling shoves, other players stacksizes (especially bb,sb).
      If there's antes in play I'm pushing all those hands though. Especially if the blinds are about to go up, I'm definitely willing to take a bit more of a gamble to maintain maximum fold equity after the blinds pass, so I'm probably going to be shoving pretty wide.

I think folding 88 is probably too weak most of the time. Especially if there's antes in play, shoving 88 is going to be pretty profitable even from early position imo.
    • MareksVas
      MareksVas
      Bronze
      Yes, if there are antes, then shoving range widens. :)
    • MtSpewmore
      MtSpewmore
      Basic
      10bb UTG shoving range with antes should be something like 22+ A8s+ AJo+
      KTs+ KJo+ Q9s+ J9s+ T9s something like that a hand like J9s will have better equity vs "standard" calling ranges than a hand like ATo.

I am very happy to jam AQ here
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Originally posted by MtSpewmore
      10bb UTG shoving range with antes should be something like 22+ A8s+ AJo+
      KTs+ KJo+ Q9s+ J9s+ T9s something like that a hand like J9s will have better equity vs "standard" calling ranges than a hand like ATo.

I am very happy to jam AQ here
      I think this range is quite good.

With M=4 you should push ~44+, A8s+, A5s-A3s, AJo+, KTs+, KQo, QTs+, JTs according to nash calculations (taken from Eric "sheets" Haber's spread sheets; similar sheets can be found in "Kill Everyone" f.e.).

If you adapt a bit the range from MtSpewmore might be the result. Still, I would push a few more suited aces and leave out hands like Q9s or KJo most likely since I think the equity is lower with them (on average). It's a very boarderline decision though - you might as well take MtSpewmore's range if you prefer.

@MareksVas: Why should you push hands like ATs and KQs, while leaving out 88? 88 is the way stronger hand in this situation since you flip quite often. It performs way (!!!) better against the average calling range.

Conclusion: If there are antes involved all of the mentioned hands are an easy allin preflop, as long as they are suited.

Regards,
      Asaban
    • Acespeci
      Acespeci
      Bronze
      Thanks for your advice guys.

Having this pushing range from UTG with 10BB left has increase my ITM and ROI and it been profitable in the long run