$66.99
      CO:
      $8.05
      BU:
      $25.00
      SB:
      $35.05

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3, 3.
      MP2 raises to $0.75, MP3 calls $0.75, CO folds, BU calls $0.75, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50.

Flop: ($3.1) J, 3, 9 (4 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 bets $2.00, MP3 folds, BU calls $2.00, Hero raises to $7.00, MP2 folds, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $7.1.

EP  241hands  vpip22 pfr19 wtsd29 flop CB 71 turn 75   flop AGG 46 turn
      28 river 39            BU208 hands  vpip28
      pfr21 wtsd24 flop AGG 50 turn  47 river  25          

should I slow play on the flop?
  • 7 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      4way on a wet board with a set there is no reason to slowplay, so many people have hands that can improve that is calling a bet and i would not expect them to bet. i prefer betting the flop myself big, something like 2.8 for immediate value
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      4way on a wet board with a set there is no reason to slowplay, so many people have hands that can improve that is calling a bet and i would not expect them to bet. i prefer betting the flop myself big, something like 2.8 for immediate value
      I don't get it why not slowplay on this board?
      There is only TQs which has 8 outs vs us (so it is +EV to call flop even if he has it) and I think it would be too bad if they fold Jx, or QQ+. Imo, if players are any good, they should fold 4way Jx, QQ+ when somebody raises on this kind of board. So I think in the long run we are mostly isolating vs better sets.
      I would play this hand bet bet shove, which looks much weaker.
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      It is also depends on our image. If we are not rasing cbets too often our raise here will look extremely strong. So this is a spot where we can consider donkbetting.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by pokerferrer
      It is also depends on our image. If we are not rasing cbets too often our raise here will look extremely strong. So this is a spot where we can consider donkbetting.
      Even if we have aggro raising image, the question is if we were raising vs the people who are in the pot, and if they rembember it considering small number of hands (around 200).
      Also if we have raising image, do we ever bluff raise two people on such a board as this one playing 4way?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Check rraising looks very strong and they may not bet at the pot so Ipprefer Donking

More than TQ is calling here, 9x TK Jx 8Ts TT could call. We miss so much value if we check here and it goes check all around. While they should only be calling strong hands here in reality I think they are calling much wider
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Check rraising looks very strong and they may not bet at the pot so Ipprefer Donking

More than TQ is calling here, 9x TK Jx 8Ts TT could call. We miss so much value if we check here and it goes check all around. While they should only be calling strong hands here in reality I think they are calling much wider
      I play in Ipoker nl50 speed, and I can say that even the fish learned to fold middle pair, top pair when somebody raise them 3way, 4way.
      so I just think that it is optimistic to say that they could call middle pair on this board, top pair maybe once. When I say call, I mean to call our raise as Hero played on flop. Thats why I mean it is much better to donk donk donk
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      the decision to donk or check should be based on how often you think the other 2 players will bet. if they can be expected to cbet or stab really often then you should be more inclined to check.

leading is a good option if both players are often going to give up.