This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 10nl Zoom TPGK River decision

• Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      No reads on villain, but due to his stack I assume he's a bit of a fish.

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $10.37 (103.7 bb)
      SB: $16.27 (162.7 bb)
      BB: $15.41 (154.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $17.78 (177.8 bb)
      MP: $8.74 (87.4 bb)
      CO: $5.53 (55.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q K
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP folds, CO calls $0.30, BTN folds, SB calls $0.25, BB folds

Flop: ($1) 6 K J (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70, SB folds

Turn: ($2.40) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.50, CO calls $1.50

River: ($5.40) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.03 putting CO all in....

I think flop and turn are OK. At the time I think I bet small OTT due to villains stack.

OTR if I bet for value, are there many worse hands that call?
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

What do you think CO has here on the River? It's a little tough to know what he could have on the River without reads. If he's some VPIP 80 fish then I think the river would be a pretty clear value shove.

Assuming villain is not too loose, his KX hands are mostly going to be broadway Kings. You lose to AK/KJ/JT. Thus, I don't see how you have value here, You also lose to stuff like AQ/JT, though I'm not too sure how often he would have those type of hands. I think JX is often going to be folding on the River as well.

So I would check. I'm not too sure how many busted draws he can have himself though, when you have the Q. But I think you can probably c/c the River and hope he has A:hX or 9:h8

Thanks.
    • Samboro
      Samboro
      Bronze
      Hello,

Thanks for the great analysis.

Yeah, when thinking about his range OTR, I think it's more heavily weighted towards big broadway K's, 2pair+.

I think I was being results orientated in this hand. Because I assumed he was a fish I'd expect him to call the river with some junky K.

Thanks