Dealt to Hero J:club: J:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.16, fold, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.34) 5:spade: A:diamond: A:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

TURN ($0.74) 5:spade: A:diamond: A:spade: 6:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($0.74) 5:spade: A:diamond: A:spade: 6:club: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN checks

BTN shows K:diamond: 9:heart: (Pre 29%, Flop 12.7%, Turn 6.8%)Hero shows J:club: J:spade: (Pre 71%, Flop 87.3%, Turn 93.2%)Hero wins $0.71

I defend my JJ from the BB, his fold to 3bet is 100% on 1 occasion and I think his range is wider from the BU so I think my 3bet will result just in instant fold most of the time, if I call I might get him to put more money in

Flop is pretty dry, I dont think he has an Ax here especially with his cbet size, I call and try to get my hand to showdown

Turn is a blank, depending on his bet sizing Ill call if smaller and fold if on bigger size

I dont think I would get calls from any worse on the river so I just check it and go to SD
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: Well I would probably 3bet anyway. If you think he's never calling then you should be abusing him with constant 3bets. Everything will balance out eventually when you reach equilibrium, assuming he adjusts by widening his defending range if you increase your 3betting frequency.

Flop: Now with 2nd pair the plan is to c/c twice when the top card is paired and decide on the River.

River: You definitely cannot value bet now on the Queen, so the main issue here is what to do vs a bet. I think calling could be reasonable when you have a hand as strong as JJ but you can fold the smaller pocket pairs.