[NL2-NL10] QQ on BU 6max

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 29/19 AF 1.2 over 70 hands (fold to steal on SB is 56)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.94)
      BB ($3.04)
      Hero ($4)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: Q:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.16, SB calls $0.14, fold

FLOP ($0.36) T:club: K:diamond: 8:heart:

SB bets $0.17, Hero calls $0.17

TURN ($0.70) T:club: K:diamond: 8:heart: 7:spade:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($0.70) T:club: K:diamond: 8:heart: 7:spade: 5:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

Hero shows Q:club: Q:diamond: (Pre 66%, Flop 87.7%, Turn 93.2%)SB shows 5:spade: A:spade: (Pre 34%, Flop 12.3%, Turn 6.8%)Hero wins $0.67

I dont like his donk bet here, I think he is probably trying to get cheaper price for turn card then he really is betting for value, I dont plan to fold my QQ just yet so I call in position to see how the board develops

not that good of a turn card and he checks...if he was on some kind of a draw, the chances are more likely he hit it...I check here as if I get raised Ill probably be inclined to fold and still not sure is he having Kx here too...my hand has good showdown value and I dont want to play a big pot here

on river he checks again but I think if I bet I wouldnt get called from worse, so I just check it down
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: How wide are you stealing from the BU? When your range is weak, you should be using a smaller raise size.

For example, I steal a 50-70% range from the BU and since my range is weak, I use a small min-raise size of 2bb. A 4bb raise size makes more sense only when your range is really strong (12% or less) or if your opponents in the blinds are huge calling stations.

Flop: Calling here is definitely standard. I would probably call vs another half pot bet on the Turn and fold the River.

Turn: Now check when it's checked to you.

River: I don't think villain has a king really often now. Maybe you can squeeze in a small bet of 25-30 cents to value bet vs some 2nd pair type of hands.

Thanks.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      I really am not sure how it got to 16c here...I usually open consistent and adjust depending on the players and strenght of my hand(ex strong hand vs calling station, ofc gonna open bigger because hes paying it anyway)

probably thought someone limped in the pot and didnt see well or just missclicked on the +size
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      ah ok, that's fine then if it's a mistake.

to repeat what i said - I think min-raising is not good at NL4. 3bb seems to be the optimal BU raising size

1. Villains don't 3bet their blinds as much as they should
      2. it's better to make the pot bigger when you are expecting to win more often