This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 3b AQ OOP

• c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      PokerStars - €0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BB): €10.00
      UTG: €11.99
      CO: €1.44
      BTN: €10.47
      SB: €10.44

Pre Flop: (€0.15) Hero has Q:spade: A:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to €0.30, fold, Hero raises to €0.90, BTN calls €0.60

Flop: (€1.85, 2 players) J:heart: Q:diamond: 7:heart:
      Hero bets €1.30, BTN calls €1.30

Turn: (€4.45, 2 players) J:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €1.00, Hero calls €1.00

River: (€6.45, 2 players) J:diamond:
      Hero bets €3.00, BTN raises to €7.27 and is all-in, Hero calls €3.80 and is all-in

Villain:

code:
      VP$IP - 34
      PFR - 26
      Went to showdown - 43%
      Won $ at Showdown - 28%
      Steal from button - 66%
      Fold to 3b - 50%

• 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Cowking,

Preflop: I would 3-bet slightly larger OOP, 10-11 BB

Postflop: As played why are we check/calling the turn? I think we should continue betting on both turn and river.

As played the river should be a shove as I doubt he folds much there (what sample are those stats on? he may seem fishy).
    • c0wking
      c0wking
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Postflop: As played why are we check/calling the turn? I think we should continue betting on both turn and river.
      I've been on a constant downswing for 10k hands ever since I started playing on stars (even though it's a fish paradise, they hit everything in a very sick way), it's starting to affect me and I try not to stack the pot with TPTK type of hands, although checking turn OOP with a hand like that on a flush board is very bad.

I honestly thought I was beat on the turn when that jack hit, so I basically checked to see where I'm at, and called the weak bet since it would have been possible he's on a flush draw / queen / lower pair as well. I would have actually check/called or folded against a shove on the river if it wasn't for that 3rd jack (runner-runner quads... right?).

Originally posted by BogdanPS
      As played the river should be a shove as I doubt he folds much there (what sample are those stats on? he may seem fishy).
      About 100 hands.

End result:

BTN shows A:diamond: J:spade: (Four of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 26%, Flop 9%, Turn 95%)
      Hero mucks Q:spade: A:club: (Full House, Jacks full of Queens) (Pre 74%, Flop 91%, Turn 5%)
      BTN wins €19.15