[NL20-NL50] 50NL JTs float BUvCO

• dozeer
      Full Tilt, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, Rush, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $464.95 (929.9 bb)
      UTG: $21.70 (43.4 bb)
      MP: $50.20 (100.4 bb)
      CO: $50.25 (100.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $82.95 (165.9 bb)
      SB: $71.20 (142.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with T J
      UTG calls $0.50, MP folds, CO raises to $2.50, Hero calls $2.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($6.25) A 2 Q (2 players)
      CO bets $4, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($14.25) 4 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $7.75, CO calls $7.75

River: ($29.75) 3 (2 players)
      CO checks

plan is to float the flop and raise (or shove, depends on the SPR) the turn if he continues to barrel.

Once he checks i think its ok to bet, this is one of the few hands w/o SDV I have here.

Is shoving river reasonable ?

My value range for shoving the river is pretty much just AQ I guess, I dont flat 22 often here pf.

As for bluffs I am gonna have JTs and some KJ, I might just check back turn with KJ tho for showdown.

What do you think ?

• 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      Hi D,

The preflop call should be fine with the UTG limper even though his stack is a bit short.

Postflop, I am OK with floating but saying you would shove any turn is too much. You won't have enough equity + folding equity to raise or shove any turn. It's OK to float and see what happens then. You have BD flush, gutshot to the nuts and he will cbet a lot of his air.

On the turn, if you want to bluff him I dislike your sizing. You bet just a bit over half pot, that's a size that won't make him fold Qx imo. If you want to make him fold a lot your line should be a bigger turn bet, probably around 11 and then a river shove. This is how you are perceived to play AQ, 22, A2, A4, etc and it's close to how you should actually play most of the time.

Betting once on the turn might still be +EV but it won't make him fold anything but air. You basically rely on him cbetting and check/folding enough air, you don't make him fold any pair or better in his range.