This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 AK turn barrel?

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $88.94 (177.9 bb)
      BTN: $21.39 (42.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $55.20 (110.4 bb)
      CO: $50.65 (101.3 bb)
      SB: $10.30 (20.6 bb)
      MP: $47.19 (94.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K A
      UTG raises to $2, 4 folds, Hero raises to $6, UTG calls $4

Flop: ($12.25) 6 Q 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6

Turn: ($24.25) 3 (2 players)
      Hero ???

UTG:http://pbrd.co/12ePvJR

What should we do here unimproved? Just give up, or barrel to fold out 99-JJ? I usually barrel only spades here as bluff.
  • 2 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, prefer to just give up there.

as a general gameplan i like something like firing one more on broadways (to fold his midpairs, also we turn a gs) and two more if we turn a spade (to rep teh nutz QQ+) :f_biggrin:

A/K are quite interesting cards... i might just go for one more street, not really thrilled about stacking off when we might be super easily "reverse dominated" by AQ/KQ.

on a "this opponent" basis - is he really that positionally unaware and folding just 3% to 3bets? that's fucking crazy. :f_biggrin:
      guess you can even argue for still going for 2 streets unimproved, lol (and by that i mean c/c turn or c/c right from the flop)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Generally I don't like cbetting QXX boards as the 3better since typical calling ranges include AQ/KQs/mid pocket pairs.

Here you have 2 overs + backdoor FD so I think betting is better than checking. I largely agree with Tomaloc, I would give up unimproved