$2.00
      MP1:
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $2.18
      MP3:
      $1.24

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, A.
      5 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06, CO folds.

Flop: ($0.18) 9, A, 5 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.14, BB calls $0.14.

Turn: ($0.46) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BB calls $0.30.

River: ($1.06) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, BB calls $0.36.

Final Pot: $1.78.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(K A).
      BB shows three of a kind, fives(5 5).

BB wins with three of a kind, fives(5 5).

Not really sure what I do wrong here. Getting quite often destroyed with my AK or even with AA vs. <anything that gets follow up if call leads to postflop>. Basically lower pairs with follow up destroy me after flop. Should I go all-in in such situation at some point despite no reraise?
  • 4 replies
    • jimmyhans
      jimmyhans
      Bronze
      It would be very helpful to have some information on the opponent. But in general, think you played the hand just fine. This is just not the nicest hand to have out of position, and a small river bet and fold to a raise is the best line in my opinion. People tend to play very passively and call with a lot of marginal hands on NL2. And mostly only raise the river if they are really strong, or at least think themselves that they are strong. If you check-called, you would have probably lost more money than you did with the line you chose. Because then villain would have probably felt very comfortable with his hand, and bet more than you did. These are all very general statements, obviously not every opponent is the same on NL2. But without further information on villains statistics, I would say you did play the hand well.

Don't worry about playing exploitable on the micro stakes. You can bet big if you have a very strong holding, and you can put small blocker bets if you have a pretty good hand, but don't want to risk a lot. Many of the stereotype passive NL2 players will just call or fold. When in doubt, better make one fold too much, especially when getting action (bet or raise) from a really passive, calling station type of fish.
    • Grayvind
      Grayvind
      Bronze
      Thanks for the input.

I recently started, so part with making notes on opponents and judge them properly is still something on my 'to-do' list and one of the thousands things to practice/learn - that's why no info on player. I have to say AK/AQ/AA are the hands that give me most trouble out of any, but I guess it's a non solveable riddle at NL2 (all-ins called by 44 preflop which afterflop get lucky 4 and destroy me, etc. - pure fun :f_cool: )
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Just want to apologize for the late answer. Got a little busy these days and totally forgot about this section.

I think the hand is well-played here.

Although this is quite a bad rundown here, I believe there's nothing else we can do here. If we had full-stack we could safely check/fold or bet/fold the river, but having 1/3 pot against a fish I'm always putting the money in here and expect to get called by any Ax here.
      The fact that he showed up with a set here is very unpleasant but there's nothing much we can do about this.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Grayvind
      Grayvind
      Bronze
      Hello,

Aye, thanks for the answer. Appreciated!