BTN: 103.12 BB
      SB: 257.36 BB
      BB: 97 BB
      UTG: 345.84 BB
      MP: 56.8 BB
      Hero (CO): 101.56 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:heart: J:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 2.4 BB, BTN raises to 7.2 BB, fold, fold, Hero...?

villain 1-tabling. :f_biggrin:
      what's your approach to pretty hands against perceived fish? :P where to cut the line?
  • 2 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey T,

Just knowing he is a fish is not enough.

The easy approach is to just play better hands than him on average and you will win because you play a lot better postflop and you ofc have a better starting range.

Whenever you want to expand your range though, just saying he has leaks(is a fish) is not enough. You need to know specifically where your EV comes from:
      - he calls too much
      - folds too much
      - bets too weak
      - gives up too often
      - etc.

Until you can base your decision on that, all you have is an assumption that you can play better than him on average. Why can you do that? Well, starting from preflop you don't call hands that are too weak to play profitably but look pretty unless you have a good reason to do so.. :P

Was I subtle enough for this situation? :) I think this is an easy fold until you have solid idea where to make the money from him. Being a winner is not about being better in every spot, it's also about knowing where those spots are and abusing them while also folding when you are likely to get into a losing spot otherwise.
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      yeah, i agree, fish vary wildly and whatever sample size you have can help. we usually can't afford to have a lot more info than "brokenstacked 1-tabler" on fast fold games though :D

just wanted to know if there were any arguments for not folding preflop. :f_biggrin: