[NL20-NL50] QJo vs raise TP

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 163.14 BB (VPIP: 42.86, PFR: 34.29, 3Bet Preflop: 11.76, Hands: 35)
      UTG: 100 BB (VPIP: 20.25, PFR: 15.95, 3Bet Preflop: 12.70, Hands: 164)
      Hero (MP): 100 BB
      CO: 97.5 BB (VPIP: 26.88, PFR: 23.39, 3Bet Preflop: 6.34, Hands: 595)
      BTN: 142.94 BB (VPIP: 22.57, PFR: 19.51, 3Bet Preflop: 6.92, Hands: 1,330)
      SB: 36.5 BB (VPIP: 0.00, PFR: 0.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 1)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:club: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 8:spade: Q:heart: 4:spade:
      Hero bets 4 BB, BTN raises to 14 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Turn: (35.5 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 30 BB, fold

BTN wins 33.74 BB

he raises cbet flop 16%. I open this hand because CO is fish. Should I fold better immediately on flop, or call once and give up especially when he bets so large? What if he bets larger? Is there any difference to call down AA, or this hand? he never raises AQ, KQ here so I guess it is the same, and he wins with 6 combos of set and could have bluffs (I cbet small) or draws.

I usually play passive on this board, calling down, but in last weaks I was rarely winning this way, and since I dont know where I stand vs aggro people it is easier for me to cbet flop .
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GingerKid,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Any reason why we make the cbet so small on this board? I think that our smaller cbet can induce a lot so we can't really fold the flop unless villain is super passive.

I would just cbet bigger on the flop with all my range and if you are not comfortable calling him down, especially on blanks then yes, fold the flop.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

Postflop: Any reason why we make the cbet so small on this board? I think that our smaller cbet can induce a lot so we can't really fold the flop unless villain is super passive.

I would just cbet bigger on the flop with all my range and if you are not comfortable calling him down, especially on blanks then yes, fold the flop.
      I cbet 1/2 to induce floats, and plan to check call turn and river. I supppoused that regg would rather float than raise as bluff.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

I cbet 1/2 to induce floats, and plan to check call turn and river. I supppoused that regg would rather float than raise as bluff.
      You will generally induce more of both but you are losing value on average from both your bluffs and value hands. By betting bigger you set yourself up better to pick up larger pots or win larger when you valuebet.

Plus you are in a spot in which you are not comfortable versus a raise so inducing one is far from ideal.