Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $49.59
      CO: $17.46
      BTN: $33.12
      SB: $16.08

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BB with T :spade: A :spade:
      CO raises to $0.48, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, CO calls $1.12

Flop: ($3.28) 9 :club: T :club: J :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.60, CO calls $1.60

Turn: ($6.48) K :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($6.48) 9 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

Villain steals 34% CO, he folds 54% overall less on CO and BU. I don't really fancy calling pre for some reason so I 3bet.

He folds 45% vscbets, I felt this board is kind of weird and I should bet F+T and give up river, but on this turn I give up.

About my double barrel idea: JT9ccF gives many draws that will call and give me value and he will let me know if I'm crushed by raising due to the drawyness of the board and give me a cheap exit from the hand. As a bonus, I probably have a nice C/C on blank rivers as many villains don't valuebet anywhere near thinly enough and I can beat a ton of busted draws.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: since he doesn't fold to 3-bets much is this a value 3-bet?

Postflop: As played the board is rather terrible and no broadway is really missing the flop. At best we are getting called by a QT and that's about it so I think that our flop bet is too thin.

Given he just called this really connected board I feel that his range is some Qx or Jx and some FDs. The only hand we can really fold is AJ so giving up is fine.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yea, this hand would have fallen into my extended value range rather than my bluffing range. I already start playing Ahi boards more cautiously starting with AJ and below though.

I changed my idea of what hands to play recently though:

Blinds vs Steal - If I have no initiative I want hands I can C/R a lot and I need some broadways in my calling range otherwise i'm too predictable. therefore I call suited broadways and 3bet my non-suited ones for highcard/blocker value. I'll still have my baby-mid Axs for FD's that I can barrel in 3bet pots after all.

That idea would put AJs ATs, KTs+ QTs+ and JTs in my calling range with AQs in the grey area. ATs would then change its place to being near the top of my light3bet range.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Yea, this hand would have fallen into my extended value range rather than my bluffing range. I already start playing Ahi boards more cautiously starting with AJ and below though.

I changed my idea of what hands to play recently though:

Blinds vs Steal - If I have no initiative I want hands I can C/R a lot and I need some broadways in my calling range otherwise i'm too predictable. therefore I call suited broadways and 3bet my non-suited ones for highcard/blocker value. I'll still have my baby-mid Axs for FD's that I can barrel in 3bet pots after all.

That idea would put AJs ATs, KTs+ QTs+ and JTs in my calling range with AQs in the grey area. ATs would then change its place to being near the top of my light3bet range.
      So you are only 3-betting AQs+ for value as a standard I'd assume? And in this case because of the info you 3-bet ATs for value?

I think that's fine in those spots.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      thanks