[NL20-NL50] 76s 4b cold

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: 341.22 BB (VPIP: 31.43, PFR: 28.57, 3Bet Preflop: 19.23, Hands: 74)
      Hero (BB): 99 BB
      CO: 112.56 BB (VPIP: 20.08, PFR: 16.75, 3Bet Preflop: 6.13, Hands: 3,553)
      BTN: 82 BB (VPIP: 29.77, PFR: 16.79, 3Bet Preflop: 5.36, Hands: 137)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 7:heart: 6:heart:

CO raises to 3 BB, fold, SB raises to 9 BB, Hero raises to 22 BB, fold, SB calls 13 BB

Flop: (47 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond: J:spade: 6:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets 23.5 BB, SB calls 23.5 BB

Turn: (94 BB, 2 players) 6:club:
      SB checks, Hero bets 19 BB, SB raises to 289 BB, Hero calls 34.5 BB

River: (201 BB, 2 players) Q:club:

SB shows K:heart: J:heart: (Two Pair, Jacks and Sixes) (Pre 64%, Flop 77%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows 7:heart: 6:heart: (Three of a Kind, Sixes) (Pre 36%, Flop 23%, Turn 95%)
      SB wins 0 BB
      Hero wins 197 BB

I notice that he 3bets often, and is it ok to 4bet bluff with this playable hand? it is playable, but doesnt have blockers. Are in 4bet cold blockers also important as in normal 4bet? I did it first time vs him, he is OOP so I thought I will have a lot of FE.

Is cbet ok? I planned to check turn, and was cbetting a bit larger than usual to avoid his raise since fish usually see smaller than 1/2 bet as bluff or it is just too small for them.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi GingerKid,

I agree that given the lack of history we should expect a lot of FE with our cold 4-bet so blockers don't play as big of a role although they would be of course helping.

And yes the cbet is fine but on the turn we can just jam it. Nothing really folds that called flop there anyway. Why do you refer to him as a fish though? If he is a fish why are we 4-bet bluffing to begin with?
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

I agree that given the lack of history we should expect a lot of FE with our cold 4-bet so blockers don't play as big of a role although they would be of course helping.

And yes the cbet is fine but on the turn we can just jam it. Nothing really folds that called flop there anyway. Why do you refer to him as a fish though? If he is a fish why are we 4-bet bluffing to begin with?
      I meant he is loose aggro fish, by looking at his stats. But still it is bad 4bet if he is loose as the results are showing.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by GingerKid
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi GingerKid,

I meant he is loose aggro fish, by looking at his stats. But still it is bad 4bet if he is loose as the results are showing.
      If he is indeed a fish then yes our 4-bet is pretty bad.

The gap for vpip/pfr isn't big and he just raises a lot so I would expect him to be a loose reg more than a fish (unless we've seen him limp or take fishy lines).